Les Paul Special DC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonas

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I was wondering if there was ever a japanese copy available of a Les Paul Special DC with wraparound Tailpice? I know Edwards is making a DC but with TOM, and also has a Junior copy with wraparound, as well as Tokai, but i never saw a Special DC with wraparound.

Thanks!

togps said:
Jonas, go for a Tokai SG Junior instead ... :wink:

Well, I don't think that I want an SG, sorry,-))) I'm looking for a Special DC in TV Yellow. Tokai makes a DC Jr. with Wraparound, so why don't you just give them a call and ask them to make a DC Special with wraparound (and a real Korina Flying V would be nice too,-))))).

Thanks a lot for the offer!

Orville made one both 'Orville Branded' and 'Orville by Gibson' branded I have an OBG and it's a lovely guitar, I used to have a Burny and that was a great guitar too, you see the Burny ones crop up now and again on ebay.

Heres a few pics of my old Burny:

Here a pic of my stock Tokai LP Special SC; one piece Honduras mahogany body and one piece Honduras mahogany neck.
Pimped with Faber Aluminum wraparound 100% intonation tailpiece.

img1086mediumju1.jpg

img1093mediumrd4.jpg

MIJvintage said:
JohnA said:
And heres a few of my OBG. The finish on this is a lot better than the Burny, but Burny actually sounded better!

.....and folks wonder WHY I am so sold on the Burny Les Pauls.......

Ive had a few Burny Les Pauls, none of the standards lived up to expectations, the LP Customs were a let-down too. I've yet to get my hands on a really high-end one though.

The LP special sounded great though! I sold it when I got the OBG and do miss it, I still here from the new owner from time to time, he loves it too and it's being gigged regularly in Sweden :D

Thanks a lot for the nice pics!

But I'm looking for a Les Paul Special (2xP90) Doublecut in TV Yellow with Wraparound TP, no Jr. or TV or Singlecut,-)))

Did Orville or Burny or Tokai ever built something like that?

Ah, maybe I should have read your post, still it was a good excuse to post some pics. :D

In answer to your question, I havent seen a Japanese DC special, not to say they dont exist. Why not get a jnr and put another P90 in there, the Burnies can be picked up for ?200, would make a nice project.

JohnA said:
Ah, maybe I should have read your post, still it was a good excuse to post some pics. :D

In answer to your question, I havent seen a Japanese DC special, not to say they dont exist. Why not get a jnr and put another P90 in there, the Burnies can be picked up for ?200, would make a nice project.

Yes, and the pictures are as nice,-))))

I already thought about the same way you posted, but I hate it to modify a guitar, drill holes in it etc., I made that years ago with nearly every of my axes, and now I wish I hadn't done that.
Due to the fact that I like old MG's and hate it seeing those rubber bumper B's converted to chrome models and destroying the car's history I always hate it to see guitars that are converted to something that they never was. I'd rather search a while until I find one, and if no MIJ's DC Specials are available maybe I have to get one of those crappy Gibsons
,-)))

Jonas said:
I'd rather search a while until I find one, and if no MIJ's DC Specials are available maybe I have to get one of those crappy Gibsons
,-)))

I'll probably get lynched for saying this on here, but I tried a couple of those Gibson DC Specials a few months back (the ones with the faded really thin finish), and I was very impressed. Reasonably slim necks, and the thin finish felt great.

Mike

rovelock said:
Are those SG juniors available in the UK?

Hi Rovelock,
dont know,if they avaible in UK.All i can say,it's that is a limited run.
In France they are all sell,but togps have some.They're still in the factory and will arrive in December.

Volker

Back