is edwards just the new epiphone

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-ace

Reaction score
i think that epiphone Les Pauls (and most of their other guitars) are lacking in the quality dept. big time. how do Edwards stack up as far as fretwire, wiring, pots etc. are they basically just another epiphone but with better pups?

Hi mate, have you seen the epiphone elite and elitist series MIJ guitars they are not bad at all, in saying that the korean ones are crap. Even though i don't own one i think the edwards are excellent value for money well made and i will and would own one no worries at all {and i'm a fussy prick}
Are you trying to talk yourself into or out of buying one.. :p
Cheers ..Mick

big-ace said:
i think that epiphone Les Pauls (and most of their other guitars) are lacking in the quality dept. big time. how do Edwards stack up as far as fretwire, wiring, pots etc. are they basically just another epiphone but with better pups?

The finish details (fret wire, neck tenon, nitro, etc), electronics, pickups and more make the Epi's I've owned or played look like hobby projects. I have quite a few Edwards now (Jimmy Page Lester, Clapton Blackie Strat, LP Special and Junior, ES335) and my statements go for all of them.

mick,
i dont know yet. i have a few burny's which are good but not great, but from what i have studied up on is that the Edwards are a bit more 'brighter' sounding in the Les Paul tonal range. i prefer a big fat heavy sounding LP tone. i have a few Gibbo LP's and a Greco Mint series LPC which i love. i dont want to buy an Edwards and find out it sounds a bit like and explorer or flying v tone. i already have that. a Mint series goes for about US$600 whereas an Edwards goes for about US$800-900 brand new.

marcus,
how does your Jimmy Page Edwards sound? iknow they are very light weight, but i like a fat full sounding LP?

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi mate, have you seen the epiphone elite and elitist series MIJ guitars they are not bad at all ..Mick
I've played a quilt topped Elite model Epi Mick...and it felt pretty much like the Chinese Tokai's to me...was less than impressed..looked ok but the feel and sound didn't match the looks.

big-ace said:
marcus,
how does your Jimmy Page Edwards sound? iknow they are very light weight, but i like a fat full sounding LP?

Yup...very light weight but the Super Circuit electronics have so many different coil combinations that can coax out everything from ballsy, fat 59 tone to T Bone Walker out of phase, a nice Peter Green sound and even some single coil tone.

Now I also have a 79 Reborn LS60.....which sounds and feels like a Les Paul. But honestly, I find myself going to the Edwards for the versatility.

Latest posts

Back