Burny RLG-90 w/ seriel # 81910 = what year..?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandG

Reaction score
This seriel # is located in the bridge pickup cavity. I am not sure how to read it for year of manufacture. any help would greatly be appreciated.
J & G

I will say, that it is a 1988 model by the pictures on E-bay. After 1987 pickups, hookupwire, caps, knobs etc.

I don?t think it is a RLG 90 perhaps a RLG 60 or 70

Hi guys

This be the one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MIJ-Burny-RLG-90-81910_W0QQitemZ220145962286QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you burny123 for cutting through all the waffle from the seller, phew.

Buyer Beware?

Mick

YES...
& I have 100% rating on all highend audio & guitar related buy & sell...I have no dought this is RLG-90..someone give good reason to beware of anydamn thing. I misslead NO ONE....My question was never what model it is.. only the year for verification purpose..I am 99.9% sure it is mid 2000's produced for short period by Tokai...... I will post here no further & offer no info, ...Later
J & G

I may bee wrong, but take a look under the TRC, 3 holes 1998, 2 holes 1988. It is the pickups that look like late 80?s pickups. The pickups on the never Burnys ire often stamped with Gotoh. Never heard the story about never Burnys made by Tokai. I thought that it was only the 1978/79 FLG 60 that was made by Tokai, but why not!!

Sorry if I am wrong !!

I guess you?re right Burny,you?re a very knowledgeable guy.
I have seen the pics posted in another post and altough TRC was right a 3 screws was suspicous to me...The guitar seemed similar to a LC-70 I owned.

Thanks for the info.

Hi guys

I had a closer look at the pictures in the ebay listing, and looking further at the pup base plate pic, I noticed that it doesn't look like the 'normal' base plate of a late Burny VH1, ie, recessions around the 4 base plate screws, huge dollop of solder (looks recent - heat stains) and the tone adjustment screw brackets look to be too low and too wide.

I can see the VH1 sticker, and that looks fine, but...

Is this normal for a late VH1? or is it something else.

And the serial number, does that mean it is year 1998?

Mick

Hi guys

No biggie with the pups now, I saw the same type on ebay here

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gotoh-VH-1-Nickel-Humbucker-Pickup-MIJ-Tokai-Love-Rock_W0QQitemZ120159776772QQihZ002QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just don't think the seller of the VH1 knows it's actually from a Burny.
So, that would be the late model Burny VH1 pups chaps, same as yours JandG.

Now if only we can decypher your serial number 81910 .....

Mick

I swear I got the info here in the archives before I bought this a few years ago. But could have got it somewhere else...HC maybe..? don't remember.. I know I perposely went after this later model for somereason & my purchase info from E-bay is long gone. also sorry for temper fit people...... seems all my MIJ's are wierd & very difficult critters to pin down history on..I did see this exact seriel # format in bridge cavity of another in the archives here a few days ago. , no one seemed to get it though. I sure wish onother would pop up on e-bay so I could compare. I have alot of recent pictures of this guitar if anyone needs to see something to help with there's. Just got done scaring the birds out of tree's w/ SG-Soldano & Full stack on 11...outdoors at my home...way to fun.....

Latest posts

Back