took a chance got a result..

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
New Greco EGF-1800 arrived from Japan...

I bought it knowing it had some rear headstock damage, well it arrived and my gamble paid off..its a lacquer crack with solid undamaged wood underneath..so she is off to my Luthier to make her beautifull again...

pics ''before'' ...I will post the ''after'' shots in a couple weeks...

ResizedDSCF3011.jpg

ResizedDSCF3008.jpg

Very nice Paula, in deed.
May I ask how much you paid for this beauty?
And what about does it cost to have the lacquer damage repaired?

See you
B.

you're talking $2450, before the repair, whew............... :eek:.........and I have yet to understand why Greco made the EGFs with that deficient cutaway/horn, as it's too sharp. They got it right on the later EGs..........

top looks very laminate; hope it's a great player...............

Dear forum members, I appreciate posting with pics.
But, may I ask you, to post pics only with a max. size of 80 - 100 kB.
Thanks. :) 8)

That looks like the classic location for a headstock break. I wouldn't have been so bold as you!

sorry togps ...will resize now.....

and ducatti ...yes thats exactly what I thought .but I have the benefit of a buyer in Japan who actually went to inspect the guitar before the auction ended ...and he said to me ...buy it....so i did....

Do you think you could get the guy who repairs this to do a few work in progress shots and a brief write up on how he tackles a job like this?

OK Mark,

it's hard for me to say 'Congrats' although it's an EGF1800 ... :-?

... there are a couple of guitars on your homepage that I would buy in a heartbeat if I'd have the money ... but not this one, sorry ... 8)

... but - I guess when it will be repaired you'll find a way to sell it to an aficionado ... :wink:

Roger

villager said:
I am happy with the guitar and the price i paid for it....

you really should try a top end egf some time....

I around 2000 $, that s a lot of money.
A new Gibson LP Classic costs les now.

But i think your Greco is worth the price. :)
At least i wish you that it sounds as lovely as it looks ...

Back