Burny RLG/RLC Info?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybone

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any sites, similar to the Tokai Registry site, with info on Burny's? Like spec's, models, model years, colours, etc, etc.

I've seen a nice Burny Super Grade Custom I'm interested in, but would like to know a lot more before I decide to take the plunge or not.

Thanks guys! ;)

There is not any site besides this providing much info about Fernandes/Burny.I was searching hard and find very few things.
Post pics or send to me if you prefer and I?ll try to help....

Skybone said:
Hi folks,

Does anyone know of any sites, similar to the Tokai Registry site, with info on Burny's? Like spec's, models, model years, colours, etc, etc.

i don't think there is such a site, unfortunately.
Some infos are here
http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/Page%201%20history.html
and here
http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html

This is not much, but the best i've found so far .....

But if you have question for a certain model, post good (!) pics, and some users here will probably be able to help you.
Here are some guys with lots of knowledge 'bout Burny/Fernandes.

By the way: i hope my new 80s Burny LPC will arrive on monday :) :) :)

Ciao und tschuess
Burny

what do you mean this is not much....?

i happen to think thats nils paper is the most well researched and documented article on burnys thats ever been published.....

he has spent a lot of time writing that, and I think a bit of appreciation for his effort is due....

villager said:

What i wrote.
Not much.
No informations about weight, hardware, avalaible colours, lacquer that was used and so on and so on ans on. And not enough pictures (neck joints, carvings and so on.
And some mistakes (FLGs dissapered in '82 catalogue ....I believe that the FLG 150, 120, 90 and RLC 100 and 80 all disappeared between 1986 and 1987).

Linked sites have some really usefull information, but not as much as some might want to have ;)
No offence!

Bye
B.

villager said:
well maybe you should appreciate whats there .....

I appreciate whats there.
Read above.

See my criticism as a chance for improvement, not as a reason to pout :)

Again: no offence meant!

Ciao
B.

lol ... i never pout...not the pouting type...

maybe you should address your criticisms to nils directly...I am sure he would love you to help with his burny knowledge...

burnyIII said:
villager said:

What i wrote.
Not much.
No informations about weight, hardware, avalaible colours, lacquer that was used and so on and so on ans on. And not enough pictures (neck joints, carvings and so on.
And some mistakes (FLGs dissapered in '82 catalogue ....I believe that the FLG 150, 120, 90 and RLC 100 and 80 all disappeared between 1986 and 1987).

Bye
B.

Hm, weight? Do you really think they all weigh the same? Highly doubtful...
Hardware? There is some information about tuners, not so much about bridges and tailpieces. That's about all the hardware a Les Paul has, isn't it? Colors? Have a look at the scanned catalogues and then be surprised when you encounter one in a color not listed in any catalogue...

I for one, am thankful for the work and knowledge Nils has put in there. It recently helped me recognize a 1980 FLG-90 on Yahoo Japan, that I bought, although there were very few pictures. It's a great guitar, though I admittably had some hope that it could even be a FLG-150 :lol:

cheers

Niko

villager said:
i missed that one niko!!

any pics?

Well it was admittably a bit risky to bid on it as there were no pics of the back at all :p
I've put some more pics on Japanaxe in the Burny subforum, but here are some for you:
back.jpg

body.jpg

headstock_front.jpg

headstock_back.jpg

Oh, and this was the original auction, just so you can see what I had to base my decision on :lol:

The article in your site is really good Mark,but we?re talking about a site and there is not a complete one,including Fernandes forum.The article you tell is not complete just Burnys but not covering all.I wrote a very long(142 pages) abouit all Fernandes/Burny thing but there is some gaps and it?s more generic than the one Burny wrote,which again have to say is really good,congrats Burny for it.

I found how to diferenciate an early Burny Supergrade and a late 80?s one too,very subtle differences....

Thanks for your approval. Mark :D :wink:

Of course I have looked at your FLG-90 extensively before I bought her. There aren't many pictures of the FLG Burnys from this period available online. Also goes to show what a difference light makes: In the original auction the guitar looked much darker, in reality it's much more similar looking to your one. What made me hope that it could actually be a solid top, were the two darker marks on the top, which I didn't expect on a veneer top, well live and learn lol

As for the back, according to Nils' paper it should be a one piece, but it indeed looks very much like it is a two piece. Looking at the back of Mark's on the other hand, it looks indeed like it is a single piece. Don't know what to make of this, maybe some change in production or sth., I don't know...

Anyway, it doesn't matter much to me, as I don't intend to sell her anytime soon. She is all in all in pretty good shape for a guitar of her age and plays and sounds wonderful and that's certainly more important :)

cheers

Niko

Hello all, ive just bought a burny FLC -? off yahoo japan and i'm wondering if anyone can give me a clue as to what model ? It is a cream LP custom with the gibson diamond inlay and it has a one piece back with 2 piece maple top. It also has a rosewood board and fret edge binding and no serial no..?? Anyone help?? All hardware has been changed so no clues there?

Latest posts

Back