Greco Explorer Pictures

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducati

Reaction score
Finally decided to take some pics today of my Greco Explorer. Year of 1977. Looks identical to the Ibanez Destroyer guitars I have seen, even the case is the same.

I always wanted an original 50's Gibson Explorer, but I think this is the closest I'm ever gonna get unless I build one myself.

oops, my bad; I meant the Bacchus BEX-58V, the Bacchus Explorer is on the same level as their V..........................same great craftsmanship & quality for under $1K, if you can find one...............

Nice...stained to look like Korina but still nice.
Ibanez used to do the same thing....a handful of Destroyers WERE natural korina but most were stained to give the look.

Thanks for checking out my pics. It isn't quite as clean as it looks in the pictures, but it's still cleaner than most. I swear it's identical to the Ibanez lawsuit models, down to the headstock & body construction, logo inlay, finish, even the case.

I would love to check out the Bacchus Explorer & Futura models. I am kind of biased against the more recently-made guitars, though. Unless the price is nice :)

Ozeshin said:
Nice...stained to look like Korina but still nice.
Ibanez used to do the same thing....a handful of Destroyers WERE natural korina but most were stained to give the look.
what were they made of? just curious because those ibanez destroyers ended up on alot of late 70's/80's records.

swimrunner said:
what were they made of? just curious because those ibanez destroyers ended up on alot of late 70's/80's records.

The catalog says something like "Senn aka Japanese ash".

Yep...beat me to it.....they were made of Ash and stained with a natural finish....really well done though.
I was one of those '80's guitarists who recorded with a natural finish Destroyer....had a lovely tone teamed with a boss compressor and a Marshall.

Back