How do I know if a Greco has Dry Z's in it?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAF Man

Reaction score
Do I have to pull the pups and look at the backsides? (I'm a newbie here; going to post this in the general section, too.)

Hi,

welcome to the forum ... hope you'll like it ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

villager - our man for the DryZ - will tell you ... :wink:

If you're very impatient - give him a PM ... 8)

... and use the 'search' function please, there are lots of comments ... :wink:

Roger

hey Paf Man, dry z pickups have a "Z" stamped onto the base of the pickup and the dry 1982 pickups have a sticker on the base saying "dry 1982". :D If you are thinking that the black greco you posted would have dry z pups it won't they are only in high end pre 1982 models, the black greco is a low end bolt on neck model and not worth much.I would spend a little more and get a way better model, there are still bargains out there.

thanks, bro. I'm learning fast on this site and had begun to figure that out. Thanks for the input. I'm not a snob -- I just like having nice guitars that don't have inflated prices -- i play G&Ls rather than Fenders. What's the best bag for the buck in the Greco LP used market these days?

Well it depends on what you want to spend, for eg, i recently bought a RR 65 model custom with dry 1982 pups and i paid $480.00 aus for it. it is a cream LP custom style guitar and for the money its awesome, it is a mint collection guitar.These model guitars are always for sale in japan and prices are steadily going up. Keep doing your research {there is plenty of info on this site just do a search}and that should help you make an informed decision,don't be afraid to ask questions as there are a few shonky dealers that will sell you rubbish. :D

Mick, that sounds like an awesome price! :D
Do you buy locally in Australia? If so where are the best places to find such instruments? I'm only really familiar with Tym's in Brisbane.

Hi leadguitar_323 & Glamrockmegastar,

Newbie from Brissie. Live in Thornlands 4164. Just posted 'help me please' in 'classifieds'. After a lawsuit era MIJ LP. No real fuss on Greco, Burny or Tokai. Hear a lot of good things about Dry Z and Dry 82.

What sort of Oz$$$ for good quality pre 1982 LP with great PUPs. Is there anywhere I can have a look at in Brissie.

Cheers Sam

Hi Sam, Check out www.tymguitars.com.au for Brissy stuff.
That is where I got my beautiful RLG-50! :D
They are in Stones Corner.

Picture2505.jpg

Hi Dee, welcome to the tokai forum.yes you can have a look at Tyms guitars at stones corner you can check his stock on his website
www.tymguitars.com.au, e-bay is another and checkout japanese guitar shops, this can be a frustrating process but thats how you find them.
There are a few guys on this site that will sell you a good guitar you just need to find out what type and model you are chasing and i'm sure someone will help. Cheers Mick :D

Thanks for the tip. Will have a go at www.tymguitars.com.au. Yep tried eBay but came across few that looks sus. Definitely will try Tokai Registry as well. A lot of members appears to be from Europe & UK. I guess I can foot the postage if I'm real keen.

Cheers Sam

PS Dee as in Randy Rhoads' song!!!

the ONLY greco's with dry Z are the SuperReal EGF-1200, 1800 and 2500, and you will never see a 1800 or a 2500 for sale, and the SA-1200 ES335 model, also Super Real.

Latest posts

Back