Grassroots LP arrives.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitehall

Reaction score
I have always wondered what these guitars were like . A friend in the UK liked his so I bought an LP custom from Ishibashi. 1st impressions: Very surprised at the overall quality of this. About 9.5LBs with an average size neck. Flawless black finish. Pups are nice, fret and nutwork are superb. However, the nutwork has more to do with Ishi's set up than ESPs. The usual throwaway gigbag. It even has a volute !! Full size 500K pots too. I like this better than the 2 BurnyLP's I recently bought. The proportions are better. These are made in Korea . It is nothing like my Edwards, but I didn't expect it to be. For the Americans : At 50,000yen shipped ( about $400. ) these are real hard to beat. Much nicer than the MIK Tokai LP's I had, and less money too. And compared to the Rondo offerings, these guitars have the correct headstock and cutaway. Which I prefer.

whitehall said:
I have always wondered what these guitars were like . A friend in the UK liked his so I bought an LP custom from Ishibashi. 1st impressions: Very surprised at the overall quality of this. About 9.5LBs with an average size neck. Flawless black finish. Pups are nice, fret and nutwork are superb. However, the nutwork has more to do with Ishi's set up than ESPs. The usual throwaway gigbag. It even has a volute !! Full size 500K pots too. I like this better than the 2 BurnyLP's I recently bought. The proportions are better. These are made in Korea . It is nothing like my Edwards, but I didn't expect it to be. For the Americans : At 50,000yen shipped ( about $400. ) these are real hard to beat. Much nicer than the MIK Tokai LP's I had, and less money too. And compared to the Rondo offerings, these guitars have the correct headstock and cutaway. Which I prefer.

Any pics? I'm intrigued.....

Back