Epiphone LP STD LQ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Jones

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find lots of informations about this guitar.

Here it is : http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/epiphone/lp-standard_lq.htm

And here are the specs :

BODY Maple Top / Mahogany Back
NECK Mahogany / Set, 16th Fret Deep Joint
FINGERBOARD Rosewood
FRETS 22 / Trapezoid Inlay
SCALE 628mm
NUT 1-11/16,Bone
HARDWARE Nickel
PICKUPS 2 Epiphone Original Humbucker
CONTROLS 2-Volume,2-Tone,3-Way Pickup Selector
FINISH Lacquer

On paper it really seems like an excellent guitar, with luxurious features (deep joint, bone nut and lacquer finish). The only drawback seems to be the epiphone pickups, but as we all know these can be easily swapped.

Before I consider buying one, I'd like to know if the overall build quality is good... so if someone here can awnser this question please do so, thanks !

I'm not sure about that series of Epiphones but for the same price you could get an Edwards with even better specs that many people on here rave about. It has a flame top, SD pups and nitro finish; more color options too. :)

Evening :)
I must say regarding Pegcityrocker's post - I agree with the quality of the Edwards guitars .
After much deliberation and taking plenty of notice of the posts on this forum I purchased an Edwards Jimmy Page les paul - all I can say is that I was blown away with the quality and tone of the guitar ( as well as everyone who has played it ). The biggest compliment was from one of my friends who will only play Fender strats who said that if he had the money he would buy one .
I have also added to my Edwards collection with a 50's Strat which is a stunning guitar . :D

hey i'm new to this forum, 2 quick questions

the list price is 74,813 (w/tax) there, which comes out to approximately US $630 right? also, does anyone know if they use a full nitro finish or a half poly/half nitro one like the edwards? thanks in advance

No contest - get an Edwards - it will compare favourably to the Epiphone. My Edwards 335 copy is a great guitar. I'm saving for an Edwards LP model myself (I won't be telling the wife about this though).

Back