Bacchus SRV

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btmish

Reaction score
I posted this in the ebay forum but probably better here since it's not a Tokai. Anyway, I just got this Bacchus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Bacchus-BST-SRV-Stratocaster-Custom-Shop-Quality_

I don't know much about Bacchus, but it sure looked nice. Finding info on these guitars in English is a struggle, to say the least.

congrats, the bacchus SRV is a killer. :)
BAcchus are great guitars from the Deviser factory. Especially the ones from mid 90/start 2000.

Thanks! Can you tell the year of these by the serial #? The seller claims 95 or 96. Also, how are their custom pickups? Thanks for any info.

Or ... Put your questions to Bacchus directly ...

http://www.deviser.co.jp/bacchus/products.html

Roger

BTW - they are high-grade guitars !! :lol:

they wind their own p`ups and the single coils are called Yutas. I posted more in your other thread here.
I haven`t been able to get them to answer my e-mails for quite a few years. Good luck.

Thanks for the interesting info sneakyjapan, I would like to see a picture of yours someday. On this one, the seller claims the fretboard looks like Brazil rosewood, and it indeed does (from the picture for I have not received it yet), but I am guessing it's Pao ferro which seems to have some of the same characteristics (look wise) as Brazilian and is used on fender's SRV reissue.

I liked this SRV bacchus so much, I decided to buy this reissue 62 as well. Yea, I'm an addict too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180056679640&ih=008&category=47069&rd=1

ah, that's alright, I'm more of a player than a collector. I was just so impressed with the SRV and figured this one would probably be as good. Frankly, these guitars smoke.

absolutely.
but you know, some sellers really lay it on thick when trying to sell stuff while others either don`t exactly know what they`re talking about or try to mislead. Good to see the Bacchus guitars are selling for so much outside Japan because when I go back home I won`t be able to bring all my guitars with me and some will have to go.

if you look around the japanese web you`ll see more than a few. can`t say if any were made in 2006 but there are some new ones for sale here and there.
just saw you`re a dealer from the classified section. I own quite a few Bacchus guitars, among them one SRV from the original series which was a limited run but Bacchus guitars are not rare and still in production.

believe whatever you want, makes no difference to me. the brass block SRV was limited...when I bought mine I also bought a Muddy Waters tele around the same time and I contacted the company. they told me...and I have the fax somewhere that one was limited to a run of 20 and the other was a run of 12... can`t remember which was which. If you search the Japanese web, you will see plenty of unused Bacchus guitars and i don`t mean the Universe series. I have the catalogs...just a 2 page flyer actually... from the time the first series of SRV, Eric Clapton, and the Jeff Beck Esquire was made by Bacchus, but they don`t mention numbers in them...and from the pics posted here by the buyer, you sold him one of the limited run but didn`t know that?
Theres little chance I`d go to American shops, I`m not from there so i have no idea how rare they are in that country, so if you mean they`re rare in the States,. I guess you`d know that better than I...Bacchius guitars are not rare here but the days of getting them used for 30,ooo yen are gone. Dealer has more than one meaning yeah? So I was wrong about the fact that you are a dealer of guitars, my mistake...I`ve been mistaken as a dealer in the past as well at another site.
Check your Bacchus catalogs... look on page 17 of the blue one, see the Vinage Series? Models like the BST-62, BST-57, BST-54 as well as the EC and SRV are listed there...I figure if they`re listed in the catalogs...they`re makin` them. The SRV with the brass block is the one thats part of the limited run...making them more rare than the steel block series in the catalog I`m talking about. You won`t see pics of my Bacchus SRV Charly model they made though...again a limited run and equiped with lipstick p`ups made by Crews, nor pics of my tele customs...at least they aren`t in any of my catalogs and I have them going back several years. The same models are listed on pages 21 and 22 of the brown Bacchus catalog...both these catalogs are the latest I have and when they are published I pick them up in the local shops.
Being a dealer...of guitars...is not a bad thing, there are a few here and they are well respected and liked by all members and provide many with info that is treasured and who knows if you spend a little more time here maybe you`ll become a valued member as well.
Hope you have nice holidays and maybe Santa will bring you a new Bacchus.

look...I said I was mistaken about you being a dealer did you read that? It is quite common for japanese makers to buld guitars that are not listed in any catalogs, they do shop orders all the time...which is why some guys outside Japan who believe they are experts on MIJs just don`t have all the information.
I`m not going to get into a point by point rebuttle of your post `cause I like this site and won`t risk being throw off because of a new guy so I`m letting the low blows go ignored. I do know however that I wouldn`t pay $900.oo for a guitar I got for 55,ooo...about $458.oo at the time...in the local Laox store.
happy holidays and heres hoping Santa brings you a new bacchus.

many of these have 4 and 5 digit serial numbers and are from the early Bacchus series before thay stopped making clones to concentrate on original designs. They have started the cloning again and those are the Bacchus guitars I refer to...not only the models you mentioned...those are left over from the original only phase they went through. If they have stopped production of the Fender clones it has happened very recently, since the publishing of their latest catalog that I have...and I don`t mean the Riverheads nor the Momoses. That natural tele pictured here is from the high end series that came stock with Fralins and sold for a couple of hundred thousand yen...got mine at the Laox closing out sale 3 years ago for less than half that... it`s a 4 digit serial number.

sneakyjapan said:
look...I said I was mistaken about you being a dealer did you read that? It is quite common for japanese makers to buld guitars that are not listed in any catalogs, they do shop orders all the time...which is why some guys outside Japan who believe they are experts on MIJs just don`t have all the information.
I`m not going to get into a point by point rebuttle of your post `cause I like this site and won`t risk being throw off because of a new guy so I`m letting the low blows go ignored. I do know however that I wouldn`t pay $900.oo for a guitar I got for 55,ooo...about $458.oo at the time...in the local Laox store.
happy holidays and heres hoping Santa brings you a new bacchus.

Yes, I'm aware of the shop order models as I've had my hands on quite a few; specifcally some Fender Japan MIJ era 'Order Made' models. These are great because some are actually limited to as low as 2 or 4 per order. I know a seller in Japan that had 1 of only 6 in a Fender Japan 'Order Made' series. It was a very rare bird indeed. I prefer the Fender Japan Order Made stuff over the ExTrad & the Custom Edition stuff actually.

Why would anyone get thrown off just because they're discussing guitars? Feeling paranoid? Been hanging around with Paul MaCartney or something? Who is throwing low blows? Are you afraid of a friendly discussion? OK...................

Of course you wouldn't pay $5 million for a guitar in the states that you could get in Japan for cat food; you're in Japan, and everyone here is over here. God, what do you think we're all nuts, or what? LOL..............

Keep Santa out of this or you won't get anything for Xmas ever again, LOL....................

Well, this thread is taking a turn for the worse. Ok then, here is my ideas on the matter. First off, let's all take a breath. Ah, that's better, feels pretty good eh.

Well, I will say I did some fairly prudent research on these guitars and did indeed find a few from online Japan dealers (very few, most of them were sold). If I recall correctly, they would have been about 650-750 US, plus shipping, so 750-850ish, which was a little cheaper than what I paid. But, of course, into the equation is that I have no idea how to speak Japanese in which case I am not at all comfortable in that situation. As far as finding these in the USA without dealing with overseas dealers...next to impossible. So, although I know I did not get a "steal" on these guitars, I do think they were fairly priced considering the free shipping and the ease of communication.

I highly respect SJ's opinion and knowledge on these guitars, however, I have yet to find a new bst-62 or srv. It seems to me all the new strat-style guitars coming out of bacchus are the 02, 04, 05G guitars such as these:

http://www.deviser.co.jp/bacchus/guitars/gstudio/05gpla/index.html

They seem to have changed their headstock slightly as well as the way the neck connects to the body. I am not at all saying that they don't make the bst-62 or SRV anymore, just that I could not find any from online Japan dealers (I only looked for a week or so). I am sure in Japan things may be different, here these guitars are tough to come by. Also, these guitars from MIJ came in very, very, good condition, I would say they are basically mint. Just my opinion, but I think I got a square deal.

Now, sneaky did say he was mistaken for the dealer comment, and did seem genuine in his comment to such. I don't think he was trying so much to disrespect MIJ as MIJ seems to think. As far as Santa, who knows, but I am sure I saw a red-nosed reindeer flying overhead tonight.... Hope he brings me a Bacchus.

And by the way sneaky, if you are interested in selling any of your Bacchus guitars or want to be Santa this X-mas, I will give you a good deal and probably pay a few hundred more than the $458 you can get them for.

Peace,
Brock

P.S. Did I mention I have a MOON on the way, supposed to arrive the day after XMAS. Now that one did seem to be a great deal at $530, but who knows, for information on these in English is even harder to come by than the bacchus. Hope she is in good shape, the pictures were rough.

>Peace,
>Brock
>P.S. Did I mention I have a MOON on the way, supposed to arrive the day after XMAS. Now that one did seem to be a great deal at $530, but who knows, for information on these in English is even harder to come by than the bacchus. Hope she is in good shape, the pictures were rough.<

Brock, did you snag that on eBay or from a private seller? How old is it? Make sure you e me some pics when you get it in, after your 1st test drive. hehehe............Rich.............

Back