Edwards/Navigater Questions...

Discussion area for other MIJ Guitars

Moderator: ned

EunosFD
Sus4add11

Post by EunosFD » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:49 am

I agree that there is no "inferior" wood used in my Edwards at all. I think a lot of the wood "grading" has been blown out of proportion by the custom guitar market which has seeped into the rest of the guitar market. You'll have guys who will shell out an extra $2k for a Historic LP with a Brazillian RW board over another one with an Indian RW board. This wood debate can go on ad nauseum, but I don't think there will ever be a definitive answer to it. If it's built well, looks decent, plays good, and sounds the way you want it to then I'd say it's a winner. My Edwards hits every one of those points and it works great for me. However, I can see why someone may want a guitar with a little more attention to detail, historic accuracy, nitro finish (labor intensive), higher "grade" woods and so forth. I mean a beautiful solid flamed maple top is a sight to behold. It all boils down to personal preference in cases like this...if you feel the additional "features" of the higher end guitar are worth the additional cost to you then it is a good deal. It's all relative to a person's personal standards which is why it's difficult to quantify it in specific terms. Only that person can determine how their money is best spent.

Anyway, long story short is that either way you go...Edwards/Navigator...I don't think you can go wrong. Mine is as nice of a LP-style guitar as I have ever wanted. Sure, it may not be 100% accurate (no fret end binding for example), but it's built very well, plays great, sounds like a good LP should, and looks pretty cool to boot. But if the additional features of the Navigator line (and comparable lines by other brands) are what you're after then by all means go for it as it is what you're looking for.
-Big Ben

tudor
Guitar God

Post by tudor » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:35 pm

EunosFD,

there is nothing to add ... 8)

... but it would be very nice if ESP could come down from their podium and would give a satisfiable answer to their production of the Edwards LPs ... three emails - no answer !! Poor ! :evil:

Roger