Silvertone Paul Stanley

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Heya guys...
Been reading some reviews for the Silvertone Paul Stanley signature model and thought that it looked kinda funky(in a good way) and was impressed that it has the KISS link as I'm a fanatical KISS fan.
Usually with these types of guitars they seem to bypass Australia.
I live in rural Australia...so not only do the best guitars elude these shores...but if they do happen to find their way down under there's little chance of them coming to the bush where I live.
WELL...I was walking past one of the 3 guitar stores that this town has and what should I spy in the window of one?...Yep...Silvertone PS model.
Looked nice...all Black gloss and mirrored chrome fittings.
All for $350(AUD).
I'll be getting one for sure as an early Xmas present.
http://www.silvertoneguitar.com/stanley.php?boot=st_v_sovereign_pro

Cool, have you seen the new Washburn Paul Stanley models?
Are you a member of KISS Army Australia? Pm me if you are, same name there and here, got loads of KISS stuff on sale at the moment.

BR,

joukov
KISS Army Finland :D

Not a member any more but I still keep in touch with the Australian President of the Kiss Army and she still gives me lots of kiss related gear...like dvds,cds.
I collect kiss stuff....above the computer desk I sit at there's a set of 4 huge Kiss dolls that each play a different Kiss tune when you push a button...making them all play at once is a good way to piss people off I discovered.
I used to hold out hope for a 3 pickup Edwards LP(ala Ace Frehley) coming my way...but I guess this Silvertone will have to do.
Went and had a look at the Washburn Paul Stanely model.
http://www.washburn.com/about/news/pr_paulstanley.aspx
Paul clearly is trying to standardise his signature models between the different brands with the signature bridge being common between them.

UPDATE/REVIEW
I finally got the chance to pop into the guitar store to try out the Paul Stanley model Silvertone.
First impressions...LOOKS
On close inspection the high gloss black poly finish has a metalflake running through it.
Looks fine and sets off the chromed and mirrored fittings well.
Yes...I said MIRRORED..!!
The scratch plate has the mirrored treatment as does the truss rod cover.
The strap buttons are pretty much where they are on an SG...considering that the shape of the guitar is fairly SG-like I guess that's forgiveable but it will definately need straplocks.
Tuners are Grovers.
SOUNDS
The body is balanced well enough and weighs about as much as a typical strat.
The neck profile was very much like my strat neck...smallish frets(eeeww) but a comfortable enough neck to play on...plus it is a bolt on neck with a molded neck joint...no neck plate.
The pickups are a set of chrome covered humbuckers...reasonably high output and slightly trebly...which is not a bad thing...should cut through the din.
Bottom line?
I put a $100 deposit on it today.
It won't be my main guitar for gigs but being a KISS fan for many years,it has novelty and nostalgic value for me and I'm sure all the chrome and mirrored and black metalflakiness will look good under stage lighting

:p

Back