Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plexirocker68

Reaction score
Well I've about given up on trying to buy a Tokai from Japan. I hear great things about the Edwards Jimmy Page Les Paul. My question is has anyone played the Gibson version and how close is the Edwards to it and what is the neck shape like? I hope it's like the Gibby version not the Baseball bat 58 type necks on some of the Historics. I have played several Page Les Pauls here in the States and they have All been incredible but are too pricey for my budget.

Read my posts and photographs of my new Edwards Jimmy Page in this forum category from a month or so ago.

Hands down, it is one of my all time favorites - and I've owned and played dozens of guitars. I'll put this up a Gibson any time. The coil splitting pots are killer.

The neck is very comfortable - it's not a big fat 50's neck - it has good width but not excessively thick. More like an ES335 neck.

Hi, I'm new here! I may be in the market for an Edwards Jimmy Page LP once I've offloaded the last of my Gibs. I already have the Relic Jr which I dig & guitar-greed is all-conquering. I was just wondering, Marcus, what class of pots & caps are featured in the Page LP? It tends to be the one area where the Edwards line skimps on, if my Jr is anything to go by. Also, is the Duncan Custom in the bridge overwhelmingly hot?
BTW, thanks everybody for all the valuable info I've been able to glean on MIJ guitars from my many lurking sessions. :wink: I'll post pics of my expanding jap guitarmy as soon as my camera's fixed!

The electronics on mine are pretty complicated due to the fact that they are the "super circuit", push pull coil splitting pots. There's far too much in the cavity to allow me to to make much of an assessment - other than it appears to be all solid state. Here's the picture I posted:

CIMG0404.jpg

The pickups SH-1 in the neck and SH-5 in the bridge are perfectly balanced in output. Neither is hotter than the other but they each have their own distinctive voice.

Hope that helps.

Marcus

Hi
Plexi
Have and had a lot of guitars in my life.
Bought a JPage relic LP by Edwards and it is very very cool. (fun)
The neck is very nice. So is the color faded and the flame.
I have a 53 Gold top and it is very close.
Weight is also right. lighter then G top but but heavier then regular LP by edwards.
One bizarro detail ( maybe that's the way it shoul be) is that the good (Gotoh) tuners are gold and the PU cover and stop tail is nickel!
Did J. Page changed his tuners? I did not check.
010 strings (vintage gibson) is the way to go.
Just wish it say's Gibson on headstock!

Anyone... I'm looking for LP special.
steph.

Yeah, JP's #1, which this guitar is basically modeled after, has (or at least had) a set of gold Grover tuners on it. I don't particularly care for the look of the brand new shiny gold Gotoh's on my relic'd Edwards Page and may one day change 'em out for some locking Klusons if I decide to keep the guitar. But the Gotohs work just fine so other than asthetics they're perfectly fine tuners.

Latest posts

Back