were there any tokai love rocks with three humbuckers?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teleboy four

Reaction score
just wondering,as there's a fellow in florida who's selling one.it's a black 3 pickup custom model,and he says it's all mahogany,all original as well..
looks the buisness,too...i've never seen one with three though..any thoughts?
thanks!
tom

b.t.w...all the hardware is gold gotoh,and the binding looks VERY old...
can that be faked?

No LS '58/?59 Love Rock replicas but yes, Tokai made LC100 , 3 pups Les Paul Custom replica, you can see it on early catalogues.Not avalaible at this time.

My God Mark, it?s the first news I have about that model, is that a Custom Order or a prototipe?

i bought it...
..it has a few issues,like the frets are worn almost down to the fingerboard,and the jack is a little intermittant,but all in all..my god the guitar is a HEAVY one...whoo.i will post some pics as soon as i can..
it has the split diamond headstock,and the trussrod cover is a two screw that says custom made.
what's up with that?did the tokai guys do custom orders,or is it aftermarket?
all 3 pickups sound unearthly,with an airiness i haven't heard in a humbucker before.
it must weigh around 10 pounds,all told...
and it is all mahogany,i opened up one of the pickup cavities,and its all really dark coloured woodin there,with a long neck tenon too.
when i get it refretted,and set up...i'll post some before and after pics for you guys...
not a bad guitar at all for $475.00..oh,how much does a refret go for these days,it's just the first seven or eight that have issues...

tom

Back