Tokyo guitar shops, anyone know ??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

declan

Reaction score
Does anyone know the names/contact details for the best guitar shops for older vintage Tokai/burny/Orville/Greco in Tokyo.

I have a friend who is going to be there in August and also speaks the language.

guitar shelter.

http://www.guitar-shelter.com/eguitar.html

Or ochanomizu, a block full of guitars shops.

Hi,

here it is ...

http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/lis/sho/inf.cgi?sid=1228

I've got my '85 LS150 from them ... reliable seller! 8)

Roger

it will be very difficult to find any good vintage tokai LP or ObG orgreco high end 80's guitars there..I have just been to tokyo and there is very little in ochinamazu ..I went to about 100 shops ..lol...however I would recommend yasushi at guitarshelter..he has a good range of ObG, but finding early love rocks or good spec greco's is near impossible these days...they are snapped up the moment they appear..

luck plays a role in finding the old MIJs in Japan. I have the pleasure of owning several purchased over the years and my secret is going to the used shops often, 2 or 3 times a week. The odds of finding a guitar on a one week trip are against a buyer unless they are very lucky. It`s not impossible but unlikely. In the big cities, there are a lot of Japanese buyers searching for these nowadays, and they are willing to pay a lot more than we are in general. I seem to have found most of mine on week days, fewer shoppers and a store may get somebody who brings a guitar in on a weekend , they look it over and put it up on Monday or Tuesday...at least it appears to work that way in this city. another thing...if you do see a guitar you like , better buy it immediately. I`ve lost more than one by taking too much time thinking about it...even one day... I live in a small city and there are far fewer places selling used guitars so it`s easy to make the rounds... I can cover them in less than an hour. Try doing that in Tokyo.

Guitar shelter is really nice, especially to people who try to speak Japanese. I can speak it, but my Kanji doesnt work on my computer.
I'm not sure where it is, but Lost Boys is good too.

I know a lot of places in other parts of Japan.

-Epoch

Latest posts

Back