An EDWARDS thread, post pics of your Edwards guitars here

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooba

Reaction score

These are my 3 Edwards guitars.

E-SG-80SD
E-LP-85SD Honey Burst
E-LP-85SD QM "Rose Brown" I think it's just plain old red...

All of these were purchased second hand, the white SG has the most damage, it had 2 chips in the finish when i got it.

All are still running JB and '59 pups, though the Sg has a few mods.

Front tone now controls the coil split on the bridge pickup from 0(humbucker) to 10(single coil) and if you pull it out and have both pups selected it puts the neck and bridge out of phase.

Rear tone is now a master tone.

The LP's are standard, though i am looking at changing the bridge pup in the red one, or possible selling the red one and getting a tabacco burst Laquer top, or "Laquer TASTE" as they say on the Edwards website...

Anyways guys post some pics of your edwards and tell me what you've done with them, Mods etc.

One other thing i'd like to ask edwards LP owners is about the backs, both mine are 1 piece i've heard some are 2 piece?

Steve

Nice collection ya got there, Scooba. 8)

So far I only have one Edwards, but I really have my eye on an E-JR-95LT/RE (relic'd LP Jr.) or a E-TE-98M/RE (relic'd Tele a'la Keef).

Anyway, here's mine. It's an E-LP-105LTS/RE (w/o Super Circuit):

http://community.webshots.com/album/473711002WinYrl

More pics of it on pages 2 & 3 including shots of the long neck tenon and some (poor quality) shots of the pu cavities.

I`ve got two of the E-LP-90LTS in VHB...got both used, and they don`t show up very often so get what I can take. Also have an E-SE-87R/VW strat, again used but looks new. Finally got an E-JR-80LT Les Paul jr at a close out sale, by far the lightest guitar I own. All my Edwards are real nice...one of the LPs is a 2 piece back the other 1 piece. The strat appears to be 3 pieces though the tone bursts I`ve seen were 2 piece. The jr. is one piece with the real thin finish they use. Now...I`m looking for a used tele to complete my set.

Here's my Edwards 85SD in Aqua quilt:

It's an awesome guitar, very responsive, one-piece mahagony back.
Got it from Ishibashi last year.

I was all set to by an SG 80D in white, but they discontinued it. :-?
So, I went for a special edition Gibson SG standarad from music123 in alpine white.

Oh yeah I forgot to add that mine definitely has a 1-piece back too. It also has the really thin nitro finish although it's relic'd so it really fits the vibe of the guitar.

Sneaky, does the JR you own have a long neck tenon? I assume they do, but have yet to see one with the pickguard removed. I would love to pick up one of them soon (the 95LT/RE version), but it'll have to wait a while. :(

I think for my next one i'll bite the bullet and go new just so i can get an LP LT i really like the tabacco burst...

Now i just need to find some money!!!

I also think they do have!

Scooba, you'll can't get a nicer one ! :wink:

http://ruediger-albrecht.medion-fotoalbum.de/

Roger

Okay, this is one of my axes...
EDWARDS ESP-TELE-118M/RELIC (Jeff Beck Style '05)

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/beano74/EDWARDS_ESP_JEFF_BECK_style_Telecaster_Relic/

Bueno, welcome to the forum ... :lol:

... that must be "Killer tone" with those HBs on your Tele ... :eek:

Nice looking one!

Roger

tudor said:
Bueno, welcome to the forum ... :lol:
... that must be "Killer tone" with those HBs on your Tele ... :eek:
Nice looking one!
Roger

...thanx :D
Yes, it's a killer tone...
What a combination: my new VOX AC30CC2X and my Edwards JB-Tele :lol:
-Sami-

Great looking axe, Bueno! I've had my eye on the Edwards version of Keef's "Macawber" (E-TE-98M/RE) for a while now too which is similar to yours. My only gripe with them is the lack of a headstock logo/decal. How big is the neck on it? How is the build quality?

Congrats!

EunosFD said:
Great looking axe, Bueno! I've had my eye on the Edwards version of Keef's "Macawber" (E-TE-98M/RE) for a while now too which is similar to yours. My only gripe with them is the lack of a headstock logo/decal. How big is the neck on it? How is the build quality?

Congrats!

Hi EunosFD, my Edwards JB-Tele is a TONEMONSTER!
The neck on this axe feels real good in my opinion
and the neck profile is somewhere between soft V and D, i think...
The frets are very large size a bit heavy.
Anyway, it's very comfortable and easy neck to play!
The build quality is very good, almost excellent!!

This is a top axe, when you notice the price and build quality
of this guitar. The price of this model may usually be somewhere
between 750-1100USD... :wink:

Cheers
-Sami-

Tudor, How do you find the Edwards stacks up to Tokai?

Most Tokai's i hear of have 2 piece backs, where Edwards has 1 piece.

I'm really GASsing for a LT Edwards right now!!!

Steve

sneakyjapan said:
I`ve got two of the E-LP-90LTS in VHB...got both used, and they don`t show up very often so get what I can take. Also have an E-SE-87R/VW strat, again used but looks new. Finally got an E-JR-80LT Les Paul jr at a close out sale, by far the lightest guitar I own. All my Edwards are real nice...one of the LPs is a 2 piece back the other 1 piece. The strat appears to be 3 pieces though the tone bursts I`ve seen were 2 piece. The jr. is one piece with the real thin finish they use. Now...I`m looking for a used tele to complete my set.

is this a first?...has anyone ever quoted themselves before?
Anyways...one of my Edwards looks to be a one piece body the other, two.

Steve,

the Edwards LT is a great deal in my opinion, I have no regrets. :wink:

It's hard for me to tell the b i g difference to the Tokais, because I am no expert (still) and I've got my first one on Thursday yet, but for me mostly it seems to be the kind of the used woods and added specs like fret-edge-binding (my 90LTS hasn't got it), better electric equipment perhaps (I changed the caps) and the fact, that the LT has a 2 piece veneer cap in comparison to the solid maple cap of the Tokais.
But, as I know, the Custom models also have a solid maple cap.

The body of the Edwards is a one-piece mahogany, no doubt, and it brings the same vibrations to your body as the BIG T. :lol:

The craftmanship is outstanding, the pups (SD SH-1n and SH-4) leave nothing to be desired, the matt lacquer feels sexy and gives a tremendous look, the neck is chunky but not fat, so I felt 'at home' from the very first touch.
It's simply a great guitar! :wink:

OK - if I'd be a purist, I would say: "It doesn't say T... or G... on the headstock ... !" It's the same question as in our ongoing struggle with the G...-freaks !

But - so what ??? You can't go wrong with an LTS!!

Roger

Sneaky,

you're the local expert for the Edwards ...

If I remember right, you mentioned that the Edwards will increase in demand and price ... if people check the the quality ?!

What do you think?

Roger

This is my only Edwards...for now.

f7a9901644.jpg

01b715028a.jpg

8aadb29d8a.jpg

59c6402721.jpg

80824849c5.jpg

bf1a88c8af.jpg

4840d62256.jpg

7a91622c07.jpg

f372c9c6cc.jpg

7e109f0f59.jpg

d6d40536d5.jpg

ce3f04fae3.jpg

well I`ve been called many things in my life, but never an expert... thanks but I am not. I only know what I know and am happy to share the little I`ve gleaned.
At this time it seems Edwards are not granted the respect thery deserve in Japan by the natives...but this is not new, just a few years ago I could get the best old Japanese Fenders for very little money but evidently many Japanese sellers have been reading the internet and realize just how good these guitars are and how many outside the country desire them so prices have been going up with no real end in sight.
In my opinion, and it is only mine, the Duncan series Edwards should increase in demand once the Japanese finally catch on to the quality of them... which is why I`m buying them up whenever I see them, there may come a time when buyers will be willing top pay much more for them than I am, which is happening right now with a lot of older MIJ replicas...Tokais, Grecos, Fernandes, ESPs... among others. There are still some deals out there but ya gotta be fast and not hesitate even a day to think about it `cause somebody else is gonna buy, so I keep my credit card balance at zero and use it only for those times when I come across a guitar and I don`t have the cash with me. But the hunt is as much fun as the acquisition for me and I am a lucky guy to own so many excellent guitars, more than anybody could ever possibly need in one lifetime...but thats doesn`t stop me from looking. I think I`m sick or something.

Latest posts

Back