No serial numbers on the burny's. Japanese or Korean?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most Burny doesn't have serial numbers. :)

Recent models haveone, also some models from the 80's made at the Tokai factory, maybe others... To identify the origin of the guitar, well only recent cheap models have been made outside japan, and beside signs of poor quality, it's just difficult to tell. I guess the best way is to avoide recent models with 3 screw truss-rod.

I've read one of the reasons they don't have serial #s is so when they were sued, the plaintiff couldn't go for damages on X guitars out in the market.

No serial # means no idea how many were produced.

I got a book on Greco today and they began serial numbers on their strats and teles in 1975...prior to that there were no numbers...maybe it was common among Japanese makers at that time. The first year for strats in the book was 1973.

got mine here in Sendai Miyagi in the northern part of the big island, Honshu.

OH yeah...I bought another book Friday but a few pages fell out so I went back to the store to replace it but they have to get one from Tokyo so I asked them to find out if they have the Tokai version and if so please order me one...so I may have it as well.
The returned book had a section on the first Fender Japans which is what I wanted since I own several.

it`s in japanese and has greco strats and teles only...with a few pages on basses.

Latest posts

Back