Which Greco models/years had chambered bodies?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogguitar

Reaction score
I've got a 1985 EG600 ( I think), and an 86 EG650. Is there a definitive way of determining if they have chambered bodies? The acoustic ring of each sounds as though they may be chambered, but they both weigh 10 pounds which is the same as my Tokai and Burny which I know to be solid. I usually think of chambered LPs as weighing in under 8#.

Pull your neck pickup or even the pots control plate on the back - you might be able to tell/see.

hogguitar said:
I've got a 1985 EG600 ( I think), and an 86 EG650. Is there a definitive way of determining if they have chambered bodies? The acoustic ring of each sounds as though they may be chambered, but they both weigh 10 pounds which is the same as my Tokai and Burny which I know to be solid. I usually think of chambered LPs as weighing in under 8#.

My Chambered Greco is very very heavy.

magenta,
There are no visible spaces in any of the pup, switch, or control cavities, but i don't know what the pattern of thier chambers looks like.

I've got a 1980 Greco Super Power that has a chambered body...it weighs right around 7 lbs.! You can see a space between the body and the top when you pull a pickup out. It's not really chambered like a Cloud 9 les paul or Peter Frampton les paul....just a little space right under the top. You can tap on the top and tell that it's hollow.
Hope this helps.
chris

Back