SHOW US YOUR OTHER! pics thread

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let's see if this works. . .

edit: i'm too dense to make it work i guess so here's the url

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/detail?.dir=/ca64&.dnm=552a.jpg&.src=ph

my 96 Orville LPC-85

Burny RLG-120 1980 ser 00777

puti_guitar68-img375x500-1133540341.jpg

very nice, fellas, keep 'em coming!

btw, how does one get a pic to show up in the thread? i have pix hosted through yahoo, but entering the img tags and url doesn't seem to work.

Good question....I am having the same problem here although I can post pictures using the IMG plus URL on other sites.

I use Picture trail.

villager said:
The Flametops.
Tokai LS-120(its not an 'other' but :)...) Greco EGF-1000 Burny RLG-120

2005_1207_121848AA.jpg

those are beautiful villager.... they are all solid tops right???

i was absolutley kicking myself after i bought my brand new LS85Q, i never really heard much about tokais before getting mine...

i mean i had heard of them and it was all good things i had heard but i had never actually played one...

until i got my current guitar which i dearly love... but after doing some research on Tokai and finding this site i realised i could have purchased a nice vintage Japanese Les Paul from your site for LESS than what i paid for my one new...

i paid ?799 for my LoveRock but i have seen some nice ObG's , Burnys and Grecos on your site for less than what i paid for my guitar!!!!

i always learn the hard way though... as the saying goes u live and learn!!!!

when i can afford to buy another guitar which will be a while i can tell u that.. i will definetly be buying it from u villager....

those burst flametops look HOT!!!8)

From Dave

im guessing just by looking at the pic but is the Greco and Tokai both finished in Nitro and the Burny in Poly???

all solid tops ..the burny 120 is highly unusual in that all flamed RLG-90 burny's were just a very thin laminate.top, ..the 120 is a half flamed maple cap ..that is: solid mahogony then 1 cm of plain maple then 1 cm of highly flamed maple (I have never seen this before!!)..whereas the other 2 are 2cm solid flamed maple caps..

correct the burny is poly the other 2 are nitro..

villager said:
solid mahogony then 1 cm of plain maple then 1 cm of highly flamed maple (I have never seen this before!!)

that sounds pretty weird i never heard of that before... it is nice looking guitar all the same....

Dave

Here we have: top L-R Murphy, 30th Anv, Tokai, Orville, Epiphone Japan, Tokai Reborn Old, Edwards, Burny, Greco
floor L-R burny Deluxe, Orville Foto Flame, 63 Nash, Kramer/Gibson, Tokai Reborn

7376LesPaulFun.jpg

Didsomeonesaylespaul? said:
Here we have: top L-R Murphy, 30th Anv, Tokai, Orville, Epiphone Japan, Tokai Reborn Old, Edwards, Burny, Greco
floor L-R burny Deluxe, Orville Foto Flame, 63 Nash, Kramer/Gibson, Tokai Reborn

Thanks Joe! I never get tired of your Family Photos!

Back