Stratocaster: Tokai vs ESP vs Edwards vs Fender Japan

Discussion area for other MIJ Guitars

Moderator: ned

stratlt
Guitar God

Post by stratlt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 pm

andrius wrote: Anyway, by neck thickness I mostly mean the thickest part of it (the center) - the point against which a thumb rests when holding neck in a classical position. In other words, the slimmer the center is, the easier it is to grip barre chords, I assume - and that's what I want. I suppose fretboard radius has more to do with neck thickness on closer to the edges of the fretboard.
Fender custom shop videos about neck radius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPezdXuiYAs

Neck shape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh3sO80o4FA

andrius
I only know 3 chords

Post by andrius » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:06 pm

stratlt wrote:Labas Andriau,

First of all not all Edwards is partially made ​​in China. This I know from ESP. You probably bought your Edwards from the company where I work. We have a number of Stratocasters, as well as a few of current made in Japan Fenders with various necks. Sometimes dealers receiving them by limited basis. We also have several current production Tokai TST50. They basically have 7,25 radius C shape neck and are clones of Fender 60 reissues with one difference. Fender Japan 60 reissue guitar bodies are made from alder or basswood. Current Tokai TST50 bodies are made from 2 or 3 piece swamp ash.
If you are the person who recently bought this Edwards Snapper from us, you only an hour drive from us. Come and try out all the necks in real time.
Then you decide what neck is the most suitable for you.
Thanks for the info. Yes, that's me. I'll keep that in mind, give myself some time to contemplate and probably drive up to your shop some saturday.

duaneflowers
Power chords are my friend

Post by duaneflowers » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 am

stratlt wrote:First of all not all Edwards is partially made ​​in China.
True... these 2 were made completely in Japan...