LS135VF vs The Wife

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavo

Reaction score
Gday guys

I have got myself into a slight dilemna. I went to order a LS135VF from Kurosawa on the weekend and they said Tokai were not taking any orders until Jan or Feb 2010!! I didnt mind the delay Im currently going through buying a house. Until I got a reply yesterday saying an order had been cancelled so I can get the guitar in November!!!
I dont understand the static Im getting clearly its better to get what you want earlier rather than later. Right?

Tokai is busy since years ago. Thay are not that big so if you want a not so regular Tokai you must wait. I don?t mind about waiting if I can get the guitar I like. Let?s give them some time to craft with quality please....

You must search for one in stock or going for an used one.
If the specs are the same as LS-120 2000s era look for these also.

My interpretation is 'the wife' is giving him ear-ache now he's confirmed he's spending valuable house money on a new Tokai.

Thats women for you! fortunately I don't get ear-ache for buying guitars, but do for everything else :D Just live with it, crank the guitar up when it arrives and you won't be able to hear her above the wonderful tones of your lovely new Tokai!

Fifteen years ago I told the wife that I'd be buying/selling/trading guitars, mandolins, etc. I told her that I'd be utilizing existing stock and would never touch family monies. It's held true and I've had a wonderful time experimenting with numerous instruments.

Today I walked out with a guitar to ship. Today, my '92 ObG Les Paul '59 Reissue arrives. She NEVER hassles me.

This model of operation works for me. It might for you too. Good luck on your new Tokai.... they are splendid.

f5joe said:
Fifteen years ago I told the wife that I'd be buying/selling/trading guitars, mandolins, etc. I told her that I'd be utilizing existing stock and would never touch family monies. It's held true and I've had a wonderful time experimenting with numerous instruments.

Today I walked out with a guitar to ship. Today, my '92 ObG Les Paul '59 Reissue arrives. She NEVER hassles me.

This model of operation works for me. It might for you too. Good luck on your new Tokai.... they are splendid.

I've walked out with the same empty box wrapped up to ship for years. Works like a charm

As much as you may want to, I wouldn't recommend you make love to your Tokai. This is where a wife comes in handy.

You may also wish to consider the fact that a Tokai can't cook or clean (though I shouldn't make assumptions about the Mrs).

marcusnieman said:
I've walked out with the same empty box wrapped up to ship for years. Works like a charm

No marcus, I was trying to indicate that men should grow some fuzz on the danglies and ........... be a MAN! :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys but patience isnt a virtue of mine especially when I see the guitars on this site and hear about how great they are!!
I'll take my chances roll the dice and still get it in Nov. She'll get over it Im buyin a Tokai not an over priced Gibbo.
A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
Cheers
Gavo

Gavo said:
She'll get over it Im buyin a Tokai not an over priced Gibbo.

Does she ever buy stuff in the sales & then tell you how much money she has saved? If so, your argument above is a very good one.

:wink:

Mike

Ha, ha, lol.
I hear you guys. I do the same trading / selling thing but I have even managed to convice her that I was selling guitars to get extra funds w/o reinvesting in bits of wood and wires.
But there are things I won't let go.

Back