Bacchus BLS-120S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
The Bacchus BLS-120S is FINALLY in my grubby mitts :p :D 8) .......... and as stated by the seller, it is near mint :D :D :D

Thanks to Satoshi Koizumi for getting this into my hands, as this is the only BLS-120S that I have ever seen offered.
I have bought from Sat on several occasions, and we haven't always seen eye to eye but I still have respect for Sat, and he comes up with some really awesome & rare finds. Thanks again Sat!!

I will be posting pics and my overall take on the BLS-120S in the coming days ............

Cheers
BacchusLiveRoadCatolgue.jpg

PS ........ as a side note, another web based seller recently had a similar (looking) Bacchus on their web site, for $1140.
I asked very detailed questions about the guitar, and decided that it did not meet the specifications for the higher end gold top Bacchus Les Paul with soap bar pups.
I am glad I passed on the one that I didn't buy.
Let me just say that doing your homework when shopping for a rare guitar can payoff, because a seller may claim one thing, but that doesn't always mean it's true.
Some call it hassling a seller, I call it doing your homework, and again, it can pay off.
I recently purchased an example of the lower grade Bacchus gold top, with the P-90 style pups BUT I sure as Hell didn't pay $1140 for it :lol: :lol: :lol: ....... http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11999
I now have BOTH the lower end Bacchus P-90 gold top example & the higher end BLS-120S model 8) ............

PPS ............ ****, playing this thing for about 30 minutes now; feels like I'm cheating :lol: :D 8) ......... and sounds like a Strat on 'roids :D ..........

got a few pics; sorry for the poor indoor w/flash quality.
usually shoot outdoors with no flash but it's winter here in Minnesota & there is snow outside so, that means REFLECTIONS everywhere in your photos.

It's really nice to finally (once again) have a one piece body back Bacchus Lester in my collection.
Not sure if the one I had previously (oil finished top) was a BLS-120 or a BLS-59 but I actually prefer this BLS-120S gold top.
The soap bar style pups are great.

Weighs in @ 8 lb. 14 oz. which is perfect for my weight preference for a Les Paul :)
My favorite/best Lesters are in the 8 lb. 14 oz./8 lb. 15 oz. range.

Frets are nearly perfect, playability is excellent, and tonal response is just sweet 8) Sounds like a Strat powered by a Sherman tank :p ......

As a bonus: There are only two small dings on the whole guitar = exceptional condition :D

BLS-120S5.jpg

BLS-120S2.jpg

BLS-120S1.jpg

BLS-120S3.jpg

BLS-120S4.jpg

MIJvintage said:
Let me just say that doing your homework when shopping for a rare guitar can payoff, because a seller may claim one thing, but that doesn't always mean it's true.
Some call it hassling a seller, I call it doing your homework, and again, it can pay off.

Oh YES ... you're absolutely right ... 8)
I've made similar experiences with sellers who seemed to be annoyed by my questions - but ... I rather use to pass on a guitar than leaving my questions unanswered ...
BTW - beautiful P90 LP, although I'm not in GTs ... :D
Roger

Latest posts

Back