Fender Japan ST54-150AS - Ishibashi

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youami

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed the ST54-150AS on Ishibashi's U-box? Sorry, I can't link direct to it, but try doing a search for "st54" on here:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

Could someone please buy it quick before I go crazy! My other half will kill me if I buy another guitar!

Yea I seen it. Me like! Sadly, can't pull the trigger right now.

Here's the link in english.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=Shift_JIS
Didn't work properly, still have to use the search function on the left hand side.

Mick

I would have never sold the one I had, IF it had been a rose' neck :-?

V profile necks & maple are just not my gig .................

best thing about these is the scatter wound DiMarzio 'Blue Velvet' pickups 8)

best sounding single coil Strat tone my ears have heard, except from an old vintage Fender

another thing; weight can be all over the map.
mine was barely over 7 lb. but I know of another one at well over 8 lb. :(

ST54-3.jpg

ST54-1.jpg

40thRoutesPaint.jpg

ST54-End-1.jpg

That's a real nice one ... it's worth taking a look there every now and then ... :wink:
My St54-120DMC is one of those 'finds' too ... I've got used to the maple V-neck ... very nice to play and ... superb Strat tone ...

Fendermaple.jpg

Strat4.jpg

Strat3.jpg

Custom shop specs !!!!
Roger

It is indeed worth taking a look there every now and then...10 times a day counts as "every now and then" doesn't it? :D

Nice ST54-120DMC. I had one of them for a while, great guitar for the price. I've noticed that Fender Japan are doing them in black now, they're also doing the topend ST62 in Vintage White as well as Sunburst.

Still, a Mary Kaye is my dream Strat, but I just can't afford the ST54-150AS at the moment.

Yep, that's my old guitar you've got there. Sold it to buy a Seymour Duncan DS-200M. I prefer the Duncan to play, but wish it was in blonde not sunburst!

Still, I've just put a new pickguard and accessory kit on my Duncan and it's looking pretty good (sounds great too):

wellington012.jpg

youami said:
Still, I've just put a new pickguard and accessory kit on my Duncan and it's looking pretty good (sounds great too):

wellington012.jpg

Wow ... that SD is gorgeous ... beautiful grain !!!!
Roger

youami said:
Yep, that's my old guitar you've got there. Sold it to buy a Seymour Duncan DS-200M. I prefer the Duncan to play, but wish it was in blonde not sunburst!

You sold the blonde Fernandes to bluejeannot? I nearly bought that one myself.

Well, I sold it to someone. See the thread linked above by JohnA.

Someone has bought the ST54-150AS now, thankfully, so my credit card won't take a beating.

I used to buy and sell guitars a lot in the UK, so I'd buy something if I liked it, and then sell another to fund the purchase. I'm now living in New Zealand, and the cost of shipping a guitar to an overseas buyer would be over $500! Crazy. So I'll just keep what I've got and hopefully get good at saving.

Anyone in NZ after an Edwards Fool SG for $NZ1200, let me know!

IMGP1311.jpg

youami said:
Anyone else noticed the ST54-150AS on Ishibashi's U-box? Sorry, I can't link direct to it, but try doing a search for "st54" on here:

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

Could someone please buy it quick before I go crazy! My other half will kill me if I buy another guitar!

Seems to be gone now. How much was it? What distinguishes them from lower model numbers?

Krank said:
Seems to be gone now. How much was it? What distinguishes them from lower model numbers?

it's been sold nearly three weeks ago; asking price was 115,980 yen

the 150 # designates the grade; one of the highest grades from Fender Japan, with an original MSRP of 150,000 yen

for comparison, say you have two models, a ST57-95 which originally had an MSRP of 95,000 yen & a ST57-70 with an MSRP of 70,000 yen

Latest posts

Back