Edwards Les Paul Special?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfc_pj

Reaction score
What can you tell me about these Edwards les Paul Specials from 2005? Here's a pic: http://imageevent.com/nu2uguitars/edwardslpspecialtvyellowsp90double?p=1&n=1&m=16&c=3&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

Never played the 2 pup model but have had plenty of experience with the single pup models. Here's a pic of my first one. All I can say is that they are killer and a real bargain for what you get - solid body, light as a feather and kick *** Seymour Duncan P90's. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with it.

CIMG1601-1.jpg

My 2 pup Special is this old 70's Univox:

CIMG0691.jpg

Great guitars, especially for the money.

I played one on my last trip to Tokyo and I thought it beat a custom shop model hands down.

mine is easily the lightest guitar I own. A blast to play and sounds great. Theres a 2 p`up version for about $350.oo in a local used gear place ....I think I may be the only guy buying Edwards in this city :eek:

tudor said:
Is it true what some guys are asserting ... that the pups are noisier than SCs ???

Roger

SC's? Singe coil? Actually, P90 pups are single coils and I don't find them any noisier than say Strat single coils. But there are elements that can make hum much more noticable on any single coil pickup - standing near neon lights (beer signs and the like), flourescent lighting, televisions and computer monitors.

marcusnieman said:
Actually, P90 pups are single coils and I don't find them any noisier than say Strat single coils. But there are elements that can make hum much more noticable on any single coil pickup - standing near neon lights (beer signs and the like), flourescent lighting, televisions and computer monitors.

Thanks, Marcus ... so it's in the same ballparl like my Strat ... :lol:
Spotted a domestic Epi Special in TVY ... you know ... and No experiences in P90s ... :oops:
Roger

tudor said:
marcusnieman said:
Actually, P90 pups are single coils and I don't find them any noisier than say Strat single coils. But there are elements that can make hum much more noticable on any single coil pickup - standing near neon lights (beer signs and the like), flourescent lighting, televisions and computer monitors.

Thanks, Marcus ... so it's in the same ballpark like my Strat ... :lol:
Spotted an Epi Special, Japanese domestic, in TVY ... you know ... and No experiences in P90s ... :oops:
Roger

Well only in the same ballpark in terms of hum. As for tone, P90's are much fatter sounding that the strat single coils which sound a little thin against P90's.

SC's? Singe coil? Actually, P90 pups are single coils and I don't find them any noisier than say Strat single coils. But there are elements that can make hum much more noticable on any single coil pickup - standing near neon lights (beer signs and the like), flourescent lighting, televisions and computer monitors.
Marcus...90% of after market P90's these days are actually stacked humbuckers rather than single coils...so you might want to check the SD site for info on your pickup

Ozeshin said:
Marcus...90% of after market P90's these days are actually stacked humbuckers rather than single coils...so you might want to check the SD site for info on your pickup

From Edward's website:

PICKUP : Seymour Duncan SP90-1b

From Seymour Duncan's site:

Vintage Soapbar SP90-1
Faithful recreation of the 1946 Gibson? single-coil. Recommended for country, jazz, swing, blues, rockabilly, classic rock and heavy rock.

I'm fully aware of stacked humbucking soapbar pickups - often labeled as P100's. I was just making a comparison between a TRUE P90 single coil and a Strat single coil. Thanks though Oz, you bring up a good point. :wink:

Latest posts

Back