pictures posted! value of tokai breezy sound, want to sell

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racfarm

Reaction score
I have a tokai breezysound serial number L24068. It is in good condition, ie frets and neck are great, wear from play and use, bridge plate has some corrosion. What year is this from? What model of breezysound? What would the value of this guitar be? I really have loved this guitar but would like to get something else. I will not be disapointed if this is an entry leval guitar... so let me know Thanks for the help.

Hello

In order for the guy's and gal's here to help you, please post some photo's to aid recognition of the model.

Tokai did lots of variant from entry level to professional. Just like fender does today with their squire range to the custom shop relics.

pictures are really coming just had to charge battery for camera...please dont give up on me...thanks

Go to www.photobucket.com set up an account (it's free) upload your pics and them copy links to the pics in to your post. It's quite self explanitory once you start :D

IMG_7571.jpg

IMG_7562.jpg

there are more pictures available let me know if you need more...dont worry if this is an entry level tokai i will not mind but then will not sell, thanks again....

It's a later model, probably 1986 or newer, you can tell by the re-shaped headstock, ie not the same as a Fender Telecaster.

My guess at value (in the UK) would be around 175 pounds, so not really valuable but probably a nice guitar.

The L serial number indicates an '80's model and all Tokai's were MIJ then.

?175 seems a bargain figure for such an old Tokai. The 6 saddle bridge indicates that it's not a top of the range model as they had the 3 saddle varriant.

Look's like the bridge had Tokai stamped in the middle, or does it say final pro spec ?

Where are you based? I would expect that to sell for over ?200 in the UK if you put it on eBay, but you can never be sure with eBay. If you sold it, you might well regret it later - be warned! :D

I am in the united states. I am starting to feel like I might want to keep it so i can hang out on this cool website...keep letting me know about value, history etc...Is there any other pictures that would help? Look at the eletronics? THanks again for the posts!

I like the slightly battered edge to the body. Gives it character. And with all due respect to Kaze :p I think Tele bodies look better without the edge binding.

There's another thread somewhere on here (can't remember where exactly) about guitars we all wish we had never sold. If I was you I'd have a look for that and read it carefully before you decide whether to sell. I wish I had never sold my first Strat, a Tokai Goldie ST50 I bought new late in 1983. It's possible that you might regret selling your Breezy in 5 or 10 years time. If you're really short of money, sell it. If not, it might be best to keep it. :D

Latest posts

Back