Poly undercoat on Nitro ST-80s?!?! :o

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cybercat

Reaction score
I was a bit shocked to see : -
(for ST80: Tokai used poly undercoat and nitro on top)
.....quote from this auction here : -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330077763785 :eek:

- Have heard numerous times & from many sources that Fender did (still do) this on many of their Custom Shop & 'Relic' models, but had never heard of Tokai doing it before...

Can anyone enlighten me? - Is it true? :-?
...or is the seller talking out of, erm, his (insert favorite body part here)...??

i dono about the poly undercoat but watch the logo on the headstock on the ST80 u shown in the auction. It s a bit weird but the logo is not positioned on the headstock as usual. The sentence : this is the exact replica of the good old strat, should be closer form the edge IMO.

He said in his description that it has a replaced logo,but for someone who knows about Tokais i thought that it was cheap at buy it now $800 mmmm :roll:

hummm the seller dosen t tell what s the serial is....and has a replacement logo.....that s ain t too good. With the serial, would be easy to date, but otherwise you need to go with the different logo Tokai used over the years. And yes 800$ is cheap if this guitar is what he said it is. that s why i m a bit sceptic.

hummm the seller dosen t tell what s the serial is....and has a replacement logo.....that s ain t too good. With the serial, would be easy to date, but otherwise you need to go with the different logo Tokai used over the years. And yes 800$ is cheap if this guitar is what he said it is. that s why i m a bit sceptic.

defenitly sorry
my browser is making fun of me. :(

the seller seems well informed and the fact that he knows about tokairegistry.com and let buyers know about it too is a good point...but i dono about tokai using narrower neck joint plate without any serial number, could be true, i m no expert... I think there s missing some key pictures here, like the inside of the cavities in the body, under the pickguard and pickups, close up of the tuners and the bridge saddles, the end of the neck also. I dono if Tokai used marking inside body and neck end that early, but i ve seen some very early examples that were marked.

Back