TOKAI 1984 FLYING V PICTURES!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcAngry

Reaction score
Hi, I just got it a week ago:

It is the best guitar I've ever played on until now and I play the guitar since 20 years.....I'm still in my mid twenties though....:)

I'm totally in love with it....the playability is just awesome, very easy and fast to play and the pickups (Burny VH1), they're absolutely fantastic.

The perfect ROCK guitar:

pic0071hf0.jpg

pic0074cj2.jpg

pic0075do7.jpg

pic0077mi6.jpg

pic0078ao6.jpg

Hi, I'm new here..
I recentyl bought from my friend a Black version of this V. The guitar is from his uncle and has been his for a decade...

Anyway, I just want to know what are the specs of this guitar..
Like wood, orig pickups, etc...

Hope someone here can help me.. Thanks a lot! :)

I bought a couple of those V's a few years ago and when I was playing (either one) felt like a little toy??

ochay said:
I bought a couple of those V's a few years ago and when I was playing (either one) felt like a little toy??
really? I actually thought that my Ibanez Prestige is just heavy..haha! but yeah, it's very very light..

I like the way the white has aged to cream.
I love MY Vee...Maya (MiJ) Michael Schenker model...circa 1982...enjoy your Vee :D

I hope AcAngry will not kick me for hijacking his thread..
but just to save space, here are some pix of the black version anyway.. :lol:
vbodycw5.jpg

vfullguitargn7.jpg

vheadstockjs6.jpg

vserialnumberwr1.jpg

i kinda feel sorry for the guitar.. but im happy also for it because it came into my arms..haha!

it`s morning here now so I can answer...thanks.
Specs...not sure what the specs were...I looked at my Sept. 1982 Guitar magazine and saw an ad for Tokai which features the Vs and Explorers...I`ll get my wife to read it later but the Vs came in three models at the time... the FV-50 colors were WR, BB, SW...the FV-70 in YN and the FV80 in SB and CS...I guess mine is the SB...sunburst. There may be more info on them in the ad but I`ll post later about it. Mine is a flame veneer...and is quite light weight. Got it for almost nothing...talked em down `cause they`d had it for a while, seems nobody wanted it but me. I`ll see if I can do the same with the custom they have tomorrow...if it`s a 100 model and MIJ.

Latest posts

Back