TPB Hard Puncher PBass, but what model ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have seen this P-bass. I wonder what model it is, a TPB 40/50/60 or APB 64.

---

I'm curious about this one as well, because I actually bought this particular one a few days ago. It's got a sticker on the back of the neck "60", so I guess it's a TPB-60? Looking at the neckpocket the wood seems to be alder. Any more information on this one would be appreciated!
Thx! F. :D

I see in the catalogs that the PB60 bass has an ash body, so it may not be alder after all.
@Crunky: You were not interested anymore in buying the bass?

afterthought: It should be easier to post sound samples on basses which are offered on the web. We would worry less on what a bass is made of, when we know how it sounds. Admitted, there is slight problem because of differences in strings, but the rest can be standardized.

crunky,

did the pics come through for you? I only show the
... 8)

I agree, the sounds are what makes the Bass. I have never been impressed by a good musician that's got a crappy looking guitar, but hey,
whatever works right? :lol:

I think Crunky removed his pictures, but this is the one he was talking about:
basjes016Small.jpg

basjes018Small.jpg

tokai004Medium.jpg

tokai006Medium.jpg

Right .. nicer pictures also .
So, how does it sound, compared to, say a Highway 1 Precision or a Mex ? Or wrt Junior Walker's "Home Cookin" (that's the sound I was looking for)
Always useful to know :)

Latest posts

Back