Vintage Tokai Pricing/Info?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorMan

Reaction score
Curious if there are any resources that list fair market prices on vintage Tokais? Or maybe someone here has a good idea of market values of various Tokai Love Rocks, Rebourns (specifically Les Pauls)? Seems like pricing on eBay is all over the place. Some approaching used Gibby pricing.

Also wondering about vintage Tokai vs. new Tokai...are they very different? How so? Are the older ones better in general, or maybe just because they've had some time to age?

I'm looking for either a strat or lp style tokai and I was wondering the same thing. I hate not knowing how much I should pay for certain model numbers.

Last time I asked for a Reborn LS80 I've been asked 1.600 euros,which I feel very steep.I just remember when you could buy one LS80 in 40.000 yen price,so go figure....You cannot buy a japan vintage vintage for less than 700/800 euros for a LS50(the lowest),and going up...until the market regulated itself......I had two j-vintage Tokais: a Silver Star and a AST-62,but never a Lover Rock or an ES models.I'm very happy with my new Love Rocks(2.000 and up) so if new is lower cost than old it's an excellent option buying new to me.

I've seen Reborns go on ebay from $1200 - 1800 USD all depending on condition/originality, so yes, you're definitely looking used Gibson prices.

Hate to say it sweet potato- but you can get a new gibson for 1800 bucks!

syrinx said:
Hate to say it sweet potato- but you can get a new gibson for 1800 bucks!

Most of the folks that are into Gibsons (I have a few) will tell you that the $1800- Gibson of today is not at all like the older versions of say, 15-20 years ago. Some say the quality has suffered under Gibsons new management. That being said, what is Gibson really giving you for your hard earned $1800- these days?

I would take an older version Gibson (or Japanese version) over a new Gibson any day! But that's just me.

Back