Burstbucker Pro in LS80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no soul

Reaction score
Well I just finished installing a BB pro in the bridge of my LS80, and all I can say is WOW.

Ive played plenty of guitars with the regular BB, but this one is something else. I cant believe how articulate this pickup is!

Its hotter than I expected, but just a great pup all together. I gotta tip my hat to Gibby for this one.

Cool.

I've got a '57 classic in the neck of my '83 LS80. A custom wound (a little hot - I think it's 9.5 K) Fralin in the bridge. That Fralin has some sack! Nice controllable feedback on demand (which I don't get from '57s - they tend to squeal due to lack of potting).

I'll try a pair of Burstbuckers 1 & 2 very soon.I was thinking about changing condensers but as far as it's come with Orange Drops I don't fell necessary.I'll report results.... I'll put a pair of Classic '57 too to see how different they could be....

I was considering trying BB's in my 1980 ls80, but went with a set of Fralins wound to 8.5k N, and 10k B since I was pretty happy with Fralin strat and P-90 pups in a couple of other guitars. These are some of the best HBs I've ever heard.

I do guitar repair for a living, and had a historic 58 reissue Gibson with BB's in the shop a while ago, and my Tokai with Fralins sounded and played much better INMO.

Ive heard wonderful things about Frailins, and they were on my list of considerations (along with Rio Grande and a few others)

but at the time I was working for guitar center and got the BB at cost, so I decided why not?

Latest posts

Back