Looking for advice on vintage Love Rock / Reborn

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groove Holmes

Reaction score
I currently own an older Tokai acoustic, TCM-40, that I am extremely pleased with and am looking to add an older Love Rock or Les Paul reborn, preferably a goldtop. I have done alot of internet research and found this site to be very helpful. Thought you might help me decide between two guitars I am interested in. One is a 1985 Love Rock (Good condition) and the other is a 1979 LS-50 Les Paul reborn (a little beat up) Are there many significant differences in the build of these two? Any advice? Thanks for the expertise...

Well, I have a 1984 TLS-50 Love Rock goldtop and it's excellent. I've only seen one Reborn (LS-60) and I actually prefer my TLS-50. The build quality is very high and it's very light (approx. 3 kg) with excellent tone and sustain. It came with the TLS-80 PAF pickups from the factory and they are really good. It has a thick solid maple top and a three piece mahogany back, the neck is one piece (except for the two "wings" on the headstock) and the headstock has the 17 degree angle.

Mike

Back