7okai with reshaped headstock TST-56... comare favorably?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad347

Reaction score
Looking to get into one of these guitars, a TST-56 that I think from poking around on this site is from 1984. Reshaped headstock but thick 7okai logo. In terms of sound and feel, do these compare favorably with earlier Tokai guitars, or is it another animal altogether?

:eek: They are great guitars, and yes they do compare favorably! Because of the Re-Shaped headstock they are not as sought after, but the quality is the same. Alder body, maple neck or rosewood slab these are some of my favorite Tok's. I have 5 AST's, three AST 56's and and 2 AST 62' all from the early 80's. AST stands for American Strat made for the Anerican market and TST is Tokyo Strat grab it! You wont be sorry! :wink: TG Check out the catalog section of this site!

I got it! I'm totally a convert. **** this is one hell of a guitar. It needs a setup but the sound is all there. I'm convinced. Glad to be in the family

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7353719948&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

there it is. Thanks for your help.

Back