Fret Ends

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GStormcrow

Reaction score
Got a hold of a camera today so putting these pics up for SpikeyMikey who was asking about the fret ends. Turns out the are covered by the binding. Is this normal for a 78 Reborn LS80?

Anyway here's the pics

frets14qz.jpg

frets28ut.jpg

Think that clears up that question Mikey

GStormcrow said:
Turns out the are covered by the binding. Is this normal for a 78 Reborn LS80?
Seems like it was, I don't know when the LS80 did not have fret binding anymore though. At least the new models since 2003 don't have it.

Han's that's cause the newer Tokai's are just Clones of a Clone-A toy at best !! :lol:

Yes the '58/'59 G*bson Les Paul STD's have fret edge binding-The main difference between the Tokai Reborns and Gibson's are on the real '58/59 Gibbers the Neck joint is truley long and Pickups/Electronics(controls).

The newer Historic Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls have the long neck joint now but don't have the brizilian Rosewood Fingerboards (except on some 2003 models) like all late 70's earlier '80's Tokai's have.

As least the Les Paul Reborn LS-80 must all have the binding over the fret edges as my 1980 Reborn does have it, too. Just like yours on the pics!

Excellent Macro Photography GStormcrow :D

Thinking logically in economic terms, what is the present day valve of
80,0000 Yen from 1978. I would think with nearly 27 years of inflation that would equate to well over 200,000 Yen in today's money

Hence why the LS80 of '78 has fret edge binding

Very nice looking guitar indeed 8) whatever year it's from :wink:

Lol it's just a 2mp Nikon coolpix. Got a lend of it. My old camera was a lot better for closeups but I suppose they did come out quite good. Chris it's a 78 LS80 :wink:

Latest posts

Back