paisley breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 1985 catalog it's listed as TTE70PR, in the 1985-86 catalog with SRV on the cover (probably made for the USA) it's called ATE67PZ.

Well, the model number is the list price in Yen x 1,000, so it was available in Japan for 70,000 Yen back then and one of the higher priced Tele models. The reason why you don't see it in shops or on ebay nowadays is probably that there weren't many guitars built with this finish, same as the Paisley SG or Les Paul.

One thing I realized about this Paisley and Blue flower Tokai models in specifications departamentet is they were alder 2 pieces made instead of baswood as Fender were,check catalog for this.

Here's one on ebay.co.uk:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Paisley-Breezysound-Tele_W0QQitemZ7351634130QQcategoryZ112670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

46_1_b.JPG

It's obviously the one from this forum thread (same user name):

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3295&highlight=paisley

:eek: I have 2 of the paisley Breezy's, paid $400 about 5 years ago at Charlys guitar shop {I named him James} and the other one was a mess...dice for knobs and a Fender decal $200 and his name is Clarence!. They both sound better than the Fender Tex Mex guitars. 8) Happy Hunting! TG

If anybody from outside of the UK wants to bid on it, he has to make sure that the seller will also ship there. The starting bid for this "white elephant" is very low in my opinion, so it will be interesting to watch for how much it will sell.

Tokaiguy, do you still have the Tokai amp you got with the same deal? ;)

:lol: Yea! I don't sell anything! My daughter gets them all when I'm gone. 8) Bought a Gretsch Electromatic silver sparkle, one of the new big hollow bodies...For what it is it's Great!! Got it for under $600, and Mrs. Tokaiguy paid for it!! :wink: TG

hi guys
Australia imported about a dozen in 1985 and we tried to get Rick Faulkner from The Hoodoo Gurus to play one.
Paisley ain't a popular colour here so do web searches of Aussie guitar shops or contact Jacksons Rare Guitars in Annandale to help track one down
good luck
Peter Mac

Back