Did any Breezy Sounds ever come with a 3 barrel bridge?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they did. It seems the "higher end" ones (TE-80?) and above had 3 barrel, "ash tray" type bridges, which were more authentic to the era being reproduced, but technically not so good for intonation.

The neck fit is generally the same, I have interchanged Tokai & USA Strat necks & bodies without modification. The hole patterns on scratchplates differ a lot, so they rarely go straight on without modification. Tele bridges, the thru body stringing dimensions seem to be about the same, but sometimes the 4 mounting hole spaces differ slightly, but you can get away with that by slightly skewing the screws. I think the main problem is maybe metric vs imperial dimensions. Good luck with your project/upgrade.
PS: I have a Tokai 3 barrel bridge plate complete with slotted barrels in my spares drawer I was saving for a rainy day if anyone can use it to put a vintage Tokai "right". Also, various 80's Tokai pick ups & pickguards.

Back