Goldstar... thats all i know.. tell me more... got the pics

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mando

Reaction score
Heres a challenge for you guys. This tokais been ripped apart, but still plays great. I was wondering if you guys could take a look and tell me what i've got. I bought it from a pawnshop and the dude knew nothing about it, sold it for three hundred. told me it was japanese. i did some research before i bought it on tokai and i decided to give it a try. Looks like crap, but you know looks dont mater and it plays soooo good, even after the beating its taken!!!

heres the pics for you guys
http://community.webshots.com/album/426387158okEcig

http://community.webshots.com/album/426387158okEcig

:eek: The machines indicate an entry level, maybe a 40. The neck sez 50's the pickgaurd sez 60's. Check the back of the pickups... probably the ones with the big hunk of something on the back. If it sounds great and you like it 8) Congratulations! I wouldnt have paid any more than you did and for sure put a single ply gaurd on it and some original style knobs :wink: But thats just me. Bottom line "Love her" she's had a hard life! :wink:

yaa, she's one of a kind. she went through an abusive relationship with her past owner. confusion though... what do u mean by 40's. 50's and 60's? also, wht ecaxtly am i looking for in the back of the pickups. im new herea s u can probably tell. but thanks for the info man!!!

:eek: 40 refers to an entry level Tokai ST40, evidanced by the machines. They are not the top loading Kluson style. If you take off the pickgaurd and find a black rectangular piece covering the back of the pickups that would be further evidance that what you have is an ST40. The 50's/ 60's referance regards the neck and pick gaurd. You have a 1950's style maple neck with a 1960's three layer pickgaurd. To bring the features together as they once were you need to get a set of standard Strat type nobs and a single layer pick gaurd :wink: The result being you would have a "Relic" 50's Strat ...Your own "Blackie" just like Claptons! But thats your choice. Most important is that you are happy with your new love! This is just what I would do! Play-on 8) TG

Back