Just got my hands on a '79 Les Paul Reborn.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
Well I tracked down a'79 LP Reborn LS80 and its quite simply the best guitar I ever owned.Are these the first LP's Tokai made?It's better than my '59 Junior.I'll try to post some pics when I can put the thing down!

Mike. :D :D :D

Cool give us a much info as you can because I have the same guitar on hold from Germany. How much did it cost? Any pics?

Yes I do,Mark - very much, thanks :D. Through the Plexi 20 Watt it should sound ace - that will be the weekend. At the moment it sounds great without an amp. I'm gonna pitch it against my friends vintage stuff plus some new Historics - should wipe the floor with 'em. Havent dissected it yet but I'll let you know details soon GStormcrow. How much was it? Well I guess.... a lot! - but it's a lot of guitar. As I said - same feel, vibe, response and playability as '59 Junior. Nice dealer too - tried out more than a dozen other Pauls before finally deciding on this one - and some of them were **** good too!
How scarce are these things anyway?

Chuffed.

Cant imagine they are that widely available. Not the reborns anyway. Maybe the reborn olds but werent the reborns only made for a year or two. Pm me with the price you paid. Just want to compare it to what I'm about to pay for mine. Thanks

Mike --
You slap some Fraylins or PAF Demarzio's in that puppy and the tone'l make you cry- Isa tellin ya.

Yeah - those Voodoo's are s'posed to be good too. I'll see cos I just put this through the Cornell and it sounds amazing. Won't changing the p'ups devalue it a touch? If it sounds even better than it does now I'd probably do it anyway but its a tricky one.Looks wise I prefer covers but thats nit - picking. I still like my '80 LS-50, but this Reborn is in another league altogether - the thicker neck profile and the 18 degree pitch headstock make a difference. Pickups sound richer harmonically too. Fantastic stuff! :p

Cheers Guys,

Mike.

Latest posts

Back