1982 Tokai Love Rock Neck Tenon?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 78 Reborn has - I think - the same tenon as most Tokais. It's the "intermediate" or "modified long" tenon, similar to the one Gibson used in the 70s.

It goes to the end of the fretboard and has a firm rectangular fit in the neck pocket. It is shorter than the historic tenon which goes under the pickup but longer and tighter than the current Gibson USA "rocker joint".

Here my Tokai tenon (the right body pocket is wider to give the body wood more stability in the cutaway area):

tenon.jpg

Seeing those pics makes me roll my eyes at Gibson. We have CNC machines in this day & age. If the Japanse can make good, solid, consistent neck joints on guitars costing ?600 then why do Gibson have to use that crappy rocker monstrosity on ?1500 guitars?

Paladin2019 said:
Seeing those pics makes me roll my eyes at Gibson. We have CNC machines in this day & age. If the Japanse can make good, solid, consistent neck joints on guitars costing ?600 then why do Gibson have to use that crappy rocker monstrosity on ?1500 guitars?
They do as long as they get away with it.

Latest posts

Back