Identifying early 80s Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlvinStraight

Reaction score
Pretty quickly managed to find a matching BreezySound to go with my newly acquired Springy Sound. But I need some help figuring out what model it is. Sticker is missing on this one as well. Serial number suggests 1984 as far as I can tell, but the spaghetti-logo was phased out in 1982? Bound body with maple board. Bridge says Final Pro Spec. Threaded steel sadels. Colour is wine red, and comes with an original Tokai case. Seller told me the pickguard is a replacement one, but that the guitar should otherwise be stock. Looking through the catalogues, it seems a bit hard to figure out if bound "custom" teles were made in several of the different pricing tiers. My guess at this point is that it is an TE70, but welcome input from more seasoned Tokai aficionados.

Here are some photos from the seller. Still don't have it in my hands, so will have to wait a few days before I can check out the guts.

uFnl4Fa.jpg

1JwxBN4.jpg

g9ZgEjy.jpg

dY6bQF9.jpg

Super interesting with the serial number. I have a block logo breezysound which I've just posted on a different thread and the serial number is lower than yours with the earlier logo.

The numbers are not always sequential, but should be close.

As I indicated in that other thread, check the body and neck codes to see if they were made together. Should be close.

If not, then internal pictures would help date the body.

There is another TTE70 with a five digit serial number starting with 1xxxx right now on the forum. It might be late 80s because it has a rosewood neck. But still not sure if is a wedded piece.

Blue Double Bound ‘Final Pro Spec’ bridge TE70?

Last edited:
Hi Alvin, I’m the owner of the blue bound BS with a similar 5 digit serial and the same headstock logo and bridge, Sigmania referenced my post. Can I ask what the seller was describing yours as? I’m looking for information as I’m selling mine and don’t want to misrepresent it or over/under price it, but it’s a bit of a pickle. With some excellent help here I’m inclined to say it’s a rare iteration of a TTE 70, but any bits of info welcome.

Hi Sigmania, I got your message in my email but it’s an elipsis here, in any case I posted the neck stamp last night back in my original thread, are you able to have a look at those pics and see what you think? Thanks for the serial info.

Lots of posts on the forum about TE70 and TTE70 guitars.

Alvin’s is from 1982.

The one you linked doesn’t provide enough info to accurately date it. The script logo makes it 1983 and newer.

As stated before, your guitar seems to be a mix of parts. The neck dates to between 1983 and 1985. The body dates to I believe late 1981 or so when the TE70 and the metallic blue color were introduced and 1985.

I believe the neck plate goes with your body and it originally had a maple neck. Serial number dates from Feb 1982 to 1986. Likely around 1984.

If you’re just looking to sell it, I would disclose what you know and call it a TE/TTE70.

Alvin made this post in 2021 and hasn’t signed in here since December.

But his guitar is from 1982 if his codes match. Spaghetti logo combined with that serial number scheme tell us that.

Lots of posts on the forum about TE70 and TTE70 guitars.

Alvin’s is from 1982.

The one you linked doesn’t provide enough info to accurately date it. The script logo makes it 1983 and newer.

As stated before, your guitar seems to be a mix of parts. The neck dates to between 1983 and 1985. The body dates to I believe late 1981 or so when the TE70 and the metallic blue color were introduced and 1985.

I believe the neck plate goes with your body and it originally had a maple neck. Serial number dates from Feb 1982 to 1986. Likely around 1984.

If you’re just looking to sell it, I would disclose what you know and call it a TE/TTE70.

Alvin made this post in 2021 and hasn’t signed in here since December.

But his guitar is from 1982 if his codes match. Spaghetti logo combined with that serial number scheme tell us that.
Ah sorry, I saw you’d replied to him and linked my post so I assumed this was a live thread. It’s more than wanting to sell it, I’m quite interested in this sort of stuff as well. Apologies for the deluge, I’m sure this has all been covered before, it’s just a bit difficult to find. I’d be curious to know if Tokai used the word ‘Custom’ or whether it’s something people have used to highlight the obvious similarities to the Fender Custom telecasters of, I think, 59-62. In any case I appreciate you answering and perhaps there’s other contributors who might be interested as well.

The search function on here is better than it used to be.

You can also search on Google and it will search here as well as other sites.

And no, Tokai did not call this model a Custom. There are lots of other Custom models like the Custom LC and the Custom Edition line. So that may take you into the weeds with a search.

Maybe search Tokai + Breezy + binding?

Ha, I think I’ve tried as many combinations of words as there are. I’ll spend some more time in here and out reading, I also have a very nice butterscotch Squier tele that made its way to me 20 years ago from Bosnia that I’m researching concurrently. Worse ways to kill an afternoon.👍🏼

Back