Tokai Limited SST36H - worth upgrading?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElGreco

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've recently became an owner of Tokai Limited Fat strat with two Humbucker pups. It has been a trade but the Trade value was equivalent of about 450USD. Unfortunately the frets are quite worn so I think replacement will be neccesary in about a year. Here where I live it will cost about 150$ with stainless frets. Do you think the guitar is worth it? What's also worth upgrading - pickups, tuners?

Pictures pictures pictures and ser# all help. None of us possess a working crystal ball

https://reverb.com/uk/item/10317832-tokai-sst-36-2h

IMG-20210107-174743.jpg

I have currently only that photo from a previous owner. It has 36 stamped on the neck and SN is L18606. It has also trapezoid tuners and there's no marks on bridge saddles as in other lower end Tokai's.
Edit: Ok, I've found a photo of frets. Are they near their end or I'm used to jumbo frets too much? :p
IMG-20210107-143154.jpg

Okay, thanks, it will propably be the best if I go to a luthiet with her. And what would you say about the upgrades? Is there any tuners and bridge which would not need guitar to be modifacated?

Latest posts

Back