Help with an old BreezySound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double bound

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new a new member here who's recently picked up an old BreezySound Tele-style. My research into the guitar has led me to conclude that it is probably a 1981, although it has undergone a numbers of changes over the years. The pickups and pots appear to have been replaced and the bridge was switched out for a late 1970's Fender six-saddle version. The serial number has seven digits beginning with "1".

Can anyone clue me in on the model type or number for this model? Also, would this guitar likely to have been finished in nitro? The finish is very thin, not like many of the other MIJ guitars I've owned through the years.

gpyrHLf.jpg

t1YpifP.jpg

OeLimCK.jpg

81 early logo.
Round tree indicates 48,52 and 56 replica should have skunk stripe and V profile.
There will be a code in the cavity like this example 12=6 YS
Only top end models had nitro c the rest had polyester or polyurethane.

It has a skunk stripe. The neck profile is sort like a very soft V. I mean, very soft.

The neck butt has a very faint marking that looks something like "1=?" Either a 9,8,5 or even an elongated S. I think it is a Asian character of some type.

There are no markings in the control cavity.

In the neck pickup cavity, there is a clear marking which definitely consists of an Asian language character type, which I can't type out. Something like "4y1sov", although the last two characters are really one, read vertically (one on top of the other). If I had to guess, the "S" in this strand looks like the same font as the third character in the neck butt stamp.

There is also a large "V" in the neck pocket of the body, written in what looks like a Sharpie. No other discernible stamp.

any clue?

Back