Reborn old LS80 question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think i have .. as it was a transition between reborn with double rings and love rock with single rings there would quite likely be a cross over period where they started using singles on the later reborn olds..

Thanks for that info....looks like the one in question is no longer headed my way." Unfortunately" it was "out of stock" after i paid for it. :cry:

I have an '81 Love Rock that has the double rings. Now i can't be certain its 100% original because i'm not the 1st owner but it still has the circuit board and Dimarzio's.

villager said:
thats strange the stores usually update the inventory as soon as its sold..

Looks like the proxy [Buyee ]wasted time in paying and it was sold to someone else. :evil:

brokentoes said:
I have an '81 Love Rock that has the double rings. Now i can't be certain its 100% original because i'm not the 1st owner but it still has the circuit board and Dimarzio's.

I thought Dimarzios were stock on the ls100 not the ls80?

Sorry for the confusion, my '81 is a LS120. I thought the double ring tuners were an oddity for that year on any model. Did the higher models still get double ring tuners further into the '80's ?

I have 2 ls-80s from 1981 both have single ring tuners. I thought the double ring tuners were pre 1979 or maybe 1980 when they did the stamp on the 22nd fret or whatever fret it was. I am sure Tokai might have had a excess of double ring tuners that they may have randomly used on post 1979 guitars. And also maybe for special orders or requests. Not sure just a guess though.

Latest posts

Back