Silver star dating

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lubomirek74

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm new owner of Tokai guitar and new member of this forum.
Here is my beauty : https://photos.app.goo.gl/gmpd1me7aYRf9WyS6
I'd like to confirm that my new guitar is SS-40, built in 1982.

Next question - what is difference between pickups Hot and Super, used on Silver stars

Regards,
L.

First digit of the serial number on the headstock dates your guitar to 1982.

With 'H' Hot pickups, white pickguard and those tuners your guitar would be an SS-40.
Hot came on SS-36 and 40
White pickguard came on SS-40 and 60
Those tuners came on SS-36 and 40

Here's how Tokai described the different pickups:

The SS series was produced in response to the demands of contemporary music. Our lineup is composed only of professional instruments with fatter and more powerful sound. 1) DiMarzio Fat Strat: The SS80 and 85N are mounted with the DiMarzio FS1, the top choice for replacement pickups. The thrilling and attacky, powerful and exciting sound produced by the splendid matching of excellent hardware has to be heard to be believed. 2) SS Super: One wide-range single-coil pickup specially developed for the SS series. Provides the well-balanced and versatile sound characteristic of the modern Strat. Renowned as one of the best pickups for effects, it delivers beautifully live or in the studio. A truly powerful pickup demonstrating 100% of the true appeal of the single-coil sound. (Mounted on the SS48, 60, and 65N.) 3) SS Hot: As the name implies, this high-response pickup was designed for a powerful, hot sound. Materials used in construction were exhaustively researched to lend the essence of the Strat sound. Reviving the expressive potential of high-order pickups at a fraction of the price, this pick up is the king of high cost-performance. (SS40 and 36.)

Latest posts

Back