1983 Breezysound identification

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i384

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone knows the model? I'm assuming it's a TE50 based on the 6 saddle bridge, and an '83 based on the logo, but I can't seem to find any '83 breezy sounds with that bridge and that colour, neck and logo combo. Serial is 11305. Seller has it listed as an '82 and says he bought it new, and that it has no mods.

Apols for the poor quality photos, they're off an ad listing.

nlaJJII.jpg

zHGq4rL.jpg

A3g1U2R.jpg

0pN8LiX.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tokai-breezysound-1983-telecaster-540371960 The brunette sister.

I've come across a few of the rosewood version in red of that year and with the same bridge! Wonder if it was a special order colour for the maple board model? Neither the 82 or 84 catalogues have the te50 with a maple board in red from what I can see.

Well, I got it (sight unseen). Smells terrible, but plays great!

Few pics. Been foil shielded inside, but the TEB pickups would suggest it's a TE50? Colour is metallic red. Genuine kluson deluxe machine heads.

FIsbP5K.jpg

5wfw2mn.jpg

JNrvAwJ.jpg

xoSefYQ.jpg

felixcatus said:
8) congrats and HNGD!

Thank you!

Removed the crusty old shielding foil. Body is marked 12-3MR Z
Assuming MR stands for metallic red.

Just an update on this, I've cleaned the guitar up and gave it a set up. It's one of the best playing guitars I've had - currently have this and my '62 hot rod strat. Playability of the tokai is probably on par with the strat, though feels a bit different with the rounder fretboard radius.

Latest posts

Back