Tokai goldstar decal

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmartin

Reaction score
HI there ,

I have a new purchase of a 84 goldstar purple sparkle colour all original.
Except for a fender decal has been applied???
And final prospect saddles swapped for black graphtech ones.

Decal I bought of eBay was awful (gold colour instead of metallic gold and font too large on text.

Can anyone advise where a can buy decent decal
and / or does anyone have final prospec saddles for sale?

Not trying to pass off a dodgy tokai has matching
Neck and body codes , duluxe tuners , u pickups
Brass control plate, original tremolo (except saddles) etc and not selling. Definitely a keeper.

Thanks in advance

keep an eye out for the originals and continue to use the current ones, unless they seriously offend.

+1 for croxguitars decal recommendation flawless
Replica . sanded off fender decal and ghost of old
Tokai decal still visible which made lining up water slide perfectly easy. Just need few coats of nitro

I have always found these guys good

https://www.rothkoandfrost.com/decals-c1

I don't even think the decals were lacquered over on Goldstars. I know the Springys were, and also the Silverstars.

In the past, I have just used some PVA glue in the water. This seems to fix things ok and make the decal a bit more resilient.

Thanks Suki for the tip. Wish I’d seen your post before I got the spray can out . Do you have any pics of decal done without lacquer? Do you lacquer decal before applying?

Sorry I have most of my Tokais in storage just now, so I don't have the '84 decal I applied to hand. I do remember though, in the 80's you could literally scrape of a Tokai GS decal with your fingernail - a lot of people applied the fender decals to the Tokais back in the day. Now we're trying to reverse it!!

No need to lacquer the decal, but no harm either. I've done this with other decals in the past, and adds another level of resilience.

Back