Breezysound TE70 81-82

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sergei

Reaction score
Hello guys! Greatings from Russia for everyone from a newborn tokai soldier.
Just bought this one. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=18sFJUiHX8lfpZLqLUDyfFZNdnl0i72HP
Telecaster Breezysound TE70 with saved spaghetti logo and sticker.
Maybe 81-82 years old.. What do you think about this pet? I haven't seen anyone else on ebay or at other forums and stores.
As far as i see the bridge did not from this model. Am i right?
What pickups it has on?
Please tell everything you know about this guitar.
Thanks for advance

Hi welcome to the forum. Very nice Breezy 8) 8) 8) , congrats.

PS it is from the second half of 1980. '70' model number should have TEA pickups (lower numbered models have TEB), I think? Oh, and also 1(piercing :-? :wink: )Meg tone pot. Bridge can be original.

Thanks for your fast replying. very surprised :wink:
Another one question - looks like it's not nitro varnish. More like polyurethane, right?
I've heard somewher that nitro has been used on the older models startin' from 80 and so.
Do you know something about it?

Felixcatus, Do you have some photo of your 80th breezy? Please show this thing.
One of my friends has the same (80) model. It has an ash body under lite nitro. As i know this model has a real ash and 70th has a sen.
Btw my tele (sen) sounds more like an alder than ash. Don't know why. :roll:

Wow!
Incredible hot thing :p
The same one my friend has here. But his breezy whithout logo ( was deleted by previous owner).
Yours has a brass nut too.. We thought that was a part of someone upgrade.

Thanks a lot. The photos gave me a great pleasure

felixcatus said:
PS it is from the second half of 1980. '70' model number should have TEA pickups (lower numbered models have TEB), I think?

My breezy has got a TEB pickups :-?
Could you tell me whats the difference between.?
I'm slightly sad.

Sergei said:
felixcatus said:
PS it is from the second half of 1980. '70' model number should have TEA pickups (lower numbered models have TEB), I think?

My breezy has got a TEB pickups :-?
Could you tell me whats the difference between.?
I'm slightly sad.

Possibly the same for the TE pickups?

As in that catalogue photo, ST (Springy's) pickups description, "type A is a hand made exact alloy reproduction of a 1954 single coil unit. Type B is a production model of the same pickup."

I understand that as, 'hand wound' and 'machine wound', at least? And maybe it's the same with the Breezy's TEA and TEB?

I would take hand wound to be better with a pinch of salt to be honest! it isn't always a statement of quality. I was reading some info recently on why Gibson's pickups were so variable in the late 50's early 60's, seems they wound them to a specific time period rather than the number of turns :roll:
so a slower winder had less turns than a faster winder, whether auto or manual. Probably a time and motions decision rather than anything else?
always let your ears be the judge and not the name/brand/spec.

mdvineng said:
always let your ears be the judge and not the name/brand/spec.

Right you are! Also I've got to add the huge part of sound forming by the wood's type and its finish. I've heard my te70 and real nitro ash te80. The sound's difference very markable as well. 80' real better.
I don't think the only reason is TEA pu.

I would ignore the nitro/poly argument though. Plenty of ace guitar sounds out there coming from guitars with either finish or a guitar where the finish has disappeared over time, SRV, Bonnie Raitt etc

an interesting read http://www.luthiertalk.com/threads/the-plain-truth-about-nitrocellulose-finishes.239/

Link is good from my pc and tablet.
Please don't take this the wrong way though.
It is some very experienced luthiers discussing guitar finishes and some of the myths and voodoo that surround them, also some revealing information from the guy that setup Gibsons spray division and that modrrn nitro is virtually poly these days. Plus other associated observations on perception. The pages one and two contain the most.

Back