Hi folks any help on id for this body please?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazmaniac

Reaction score
Bought this body yesterday as a japanese strat, but been told its tokai, the only numbers are in the body cavity.

Thanks for any help you can give.

http://www.squier-talk.com/attachments/20190908_151854-jpg.139927/

8) as far as i know, there are 3 theories known in the world of tokai guitars today. the first one is originally told by TOGPS of this forum. the german tokai dealer. that X=Y means month=day. this theory is commonly the most believed on this forum for many years. the second one is X=Y means month=lot#. this is by peter mac of this forum. more informations are on his new tokai book i guess. the third one is X=Y means CNCrouter-pattern=production lot#. this is the information from mr.kunishi furuhashi, interviewed by me. mr.kunishi furuhashi is the old tokai company people and so he almost knows everything about those tokai golden era. he only told me the infomation unclearly because the information is the company's secret. mr.furuhashi sure seems to know the truth. these 3 theories are known today but nobody is really sure what is the truth. the real information of that tokai X=Y stamps. hopefully someday somebody gets the real answer so we can then be truely happy and rest. if i get any more chances to ask about the stamp info to any old tokai company people then i will surely. until then, we can only believe all those 3 theories. i might have made mistakes on this post so if i did, then forgive me. sometimes i am kinda unclear about the tokai guitar infomations. hope this helps. joey hamamatsu.

Peter Mac said:
Hi
can you post a pic please.
Stamp format looks like a 1981 setup, but pics would go a long way to determine it.

PETER

Hi Peter, i have added a photo, unfortunately i only have the body the seller had sold everything else.

Mike.

Tokia body by mike ashford, on Flickr

The old owner just found the bridge the saddles are stamped final prospec if it helps at all.

Yep that's a tokai body all right. MB code means metallic blue. Those little dimples in the pup cavities are also a Tokai sign fro the earlier days, not sure when they were fazed out.

hi

The 'dimples' were phased out around 1986.
'Final Prospec' are the correct markings for 1982 - 1986 saddles.
MB is the code for Metallic Blue as previously mentioned.
All things considered, I would put this Tokai body around the 1982-83 mark.

Back