Any idea what year this Tokai body is please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetleing

Reaction score
Hi All, Just purchased this 80s Goldstar Body i believe? neck plate is L16849 , trem block is steel, and i cant detect any joints in the body, FP saddles, tried a bit of acetone in a discreet area and it didnt melt so looks poly, the pickups are all V11 not sure if original though, any idea of year anyone? ultimately i need a neck of the correct vintage if i can find one, :-?

IMAG1428.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Cheers, thanks. Let us know when you build the complete Tokai. I'd love a Snow White Strat with rosewood neck

Hi guys,

Due to the colour SW, I'd be thinking late 84 to early 85.
VII pickups were released in late '83 and integrated throughout '84 with the 'U' pups they replaced. The serial is too low to be '86 and the body stamp was also changed in '86 to having a - instead of = .
The stamp also tells us of an October manufacture so quite possibly Oct 84.

A mate of mine has an '84 TST-50 SW bought in New Zealand in early '85 that is 100% original - he even has the original sales receipt, so whilst not a common colour, SW was used from late 84 up.

Peter Mac

Peter Mac said:
Hi guys,

VII pickups were released in late '83 and integrated throughout '84 with the 'U' pups they replaced. The serial is too low to be '86 and the body stamp was also changed in '86 to having a - instead of = .

A mate of mine has an '84 TST-50 SW bought in New Zealand in early '85 that is 100% original - he even has the original sales receipt, so whilst not a common colour, SW was used from late 84 up.

Peter Mac

many thanks peter i appreciate your help

Peter Mac said:
Hi guys,

Peter Mac

p.s is the paper shim in the neck pocket original? ive seen fenders with similar paper with fender logo

Latest posts

Back