1983 ST60 Owned by Hilton Valentine

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great score man, that's a very nice Goldie and a unique piece of history you got there.

Just got this guitar today. Man is it a smoker!

This is my first ST, but I have to say I'm very impressed.

The pickups were swapped out by Mr Valentine. Wondering if anyone recognizes them? I don't see any marks other than the green ink. Hoping that might help i.d. them? Here's what was in the listing:

"Hilton replaced the original pickups in the mid 80s with Fender RI (that's all the info he could give me) pickups, they are likely Fullerton reissue era, which are highly regarded and worth a good chunk of change on their own. More importantly, they sound excellent- this is a glassy, woody and fairly mellow sounding strat that really responds to how you attack it, sings and sustains nicely and you can feel it resonate when played unplugged."

I have had two people now say that these are Fullerton Era (early/mid 80s) Fender re-issue pickups.

Me likey!

From Hilton's web site:

"Hilton has reunited with the original lineup of Animals three times since their split. A one off benefit gig in Newcastle in 1968, in 1977 for the Before We Were So Rudely Interrupted LP and lastly 1983 for a studio LP ARK, a world tour and Greatest Hits Live LP also known as Rip It To Shreds."

I believe he got this guitar while in Japan on that 1983 tour? Interesting.

Back