Tokai Breezysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCLS

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie and I'm french so I'm sorry for my poor english.

I'm looking for a Tokai guitar, but I need more advice before buying. I am in contact with a guy who sells one. But I don't want to do anything.
Could you take a look of this photos and tell me if it's a good one or not ?
Serial number : 187XX
Price : 900$

The guy want a quick answer, I am about to buy it but I need the watchful eye of experts.

Thank you guys.

Be careful of any seller who wants a quick answer :)

The Bigsby is likely to be added to the guitar. I am not aware that Tokai made a Breezy with a Bigsby. So that might take away from the value.

It's also a later model (no spaghetti logo) which may be less desirable to some collectors.

Yes, the seller told me the bigsby is not original. But he seems honest (I talked to him on the phone). The guitar is about the early 80's. He said the guitar is well made and sounds really great. He wants a quick answer because some other guys wants to buy it too.

And the serial number couldn't tell us more information ?

The exact number is 18727.

NCLS said:

More information with respect to what? Tokai serial numbers at best, are only a clue as to when it was made. Go to the Dating and ID section of the forum and have a look.

One thing that was mentioned is that the logo on the headstock is the transitional style logo which was available on the correct Fender headstock from late 83 til 85

But the serial number you list doesn't really point to those years (??)

Here's a clean older Breezy... you'll see why I said that $900 USD is high:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokai-1980-81-made-TL-Model-good-condition-MIJ-Guitar-437-/320790033021?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ab093727d

I've already read the ID section. If I leave a message here it's because the ID section are not really clear for me.

NCLS said:

According to this it's late 1984:

SN1.jpg

Thank you very much Jacco. It helps a lot.
The seller told me that it is a guitar from 1981. I had serious doubts after reading ID section now it's really clear.
I have strong arguments to negotiate the price : strange bigsby and year of manufacture.

Thank you very much all.

Welcome NCLS and you English is perfect compared to my O-grade French!

Good luck with your search,

Iain

Salut NCLS,
vu ton budget, je te conseille d'attendre et de te trouver la perle rare soit sur EBAY UK ou sur Yahoo Japan.
actuellement il y'a une Breezy sound blonde translucide mod?le 1984 de toute beaut? pour 500? chez nos amis d'outre-manche! :wink:

Oui, je l'ai vu celle-ci. Mais le vendeur ne l'envoie nulle part.
Je te remercie, je vais jeter un coup d'oeil sur Yahoo Japon.

Latest posts

Back